Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer djm-900 auto bpm

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm still beta testing my Pioneer setup before taking it to a gig, and I have noticed that the mixer doesn't auto detect the bpm of tracks when using VDJ.
The cdj's show the same bpm as VDJ, but the mixer doesn't.
If I use cds then it detects if straight away.

Just wondering if there is a reason for this and if there is a way round it. maybe via mapping.

Inviato Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:36 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Assign your deck selector (below the FX selector) to the live deck ... then press AUTO/TAP to activate Auto-BPM.
It will take a while but it will read the bpm of the live deck.

Inviato Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 11:12 pm
The problem isn't with the djm900 as it reads the bpm's of cds and rekordbox, and serato. It just doesn't seem to want the read the bpm's in VDJ.

The players (cdj2000 nexus) display the track bpms from VDJ no problem, it's just that the mixer doesn't seem to see them.

Just wondering why.

I know I can TAP the bpm in manually but I want to use the auto function if I can.

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 8:50 am
TBH I haven't used VDJ with my Pioneer set up since testing it when VDJ 8 was released.

When I get home (at work right now), I will do a test if I can reproduce your issue
For now... Try using the built-in sound card of the DJM900... and don't forget to switch the channel selector to USB-Mode.

*Mine is an SRT but they they should work the same*

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 1:22 pm
I never pay attention to what my DJM-900 displays. I think for the most part its right. But I already know the BPM's before the track is played. Besides if you aren't sure you can always peek at the screen. It's a tool to be used if needed.

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 5:04 pm
The measure of beats and quantize of the on-board hardware effects rely on this. This is one of the features why you pay so much money for these high-end equipment.

Inviato Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 2:40 am
You are right, the on board effects rely totally on the accuracy of the bpm.

The mixer is not connected to the computer directly, but it is connected to the cdjs by a LAN hub, and the cdjs are connected to the computer by USB.

Is there a different way to connect things so that the mixer sees the bpms.

Inviato Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 6:47 am
CDJs have theire own soundcard.
The DJM900 has a built-in too. Try using the DJM's sound-card instead of the CDJ's.

Inviato Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 8:08 pm
I have the DJM 900 Nexus running timcode vinyl and it will auto detect the BPM when I use the mixers sound card.

Inviato Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 3:43 pm
Do you mean that I should connect the mixer to the laptop via USB, and run timecode from the players.

At the moment I am connecting the player to the laptop via USB.

Would I be right in saying that I am running an HID setup, but need to be running a DVS setup.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Inviato Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 4:26 pm
Yes connect the USB of the DJM900 to your laptop (hope you have the driver installed already... if not, grab it from Pioneer DJ website).
Then do the Configuration to use the soundcard of the mixer. Select "USB" on input-selector.

You have to leave the USB cables of CDJs to still be used in HID mode.
The RCA to the mixer are not necessary if using VDJ only. They will function if you will use CDs or Rekordbox (change the input-selector of course).

Inviato Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 5:20 pm
Thanks, I will give that a try later today.

There are so many ways to connect the Pioneer kit depending on which software you are using etc. It's all a bit confusing at the minute.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 6:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)