Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do I increase "videoMaxMemory"???

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My videoMaxMemory is set at "Automatic(24)". I have a 4gb video card. How much of that 4gb would be used? We need some % sliders or something for the non-programmers among us.

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 9:57 am
Yeah I can't figure this out either, hopefully we'll get an answer soon 👍

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 2:20 pm
I'm going out on a limb here but i would say the Automatic(24) is the amount of system ram the graphics card is using and not the size of its own ram.
So it will always use its own 4gb but the automatic(24) is your systems default for the shared video mem. it could be acting like a cache..
And have you tried deleting the Automatic(24) and typing another number? Depending on how much system ram you have, try a multiple like 512, 256, 128, 64 etc

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 10:11 pm
mine says its using automatic 2022 seems pretty accurate for a 2gb card maybe detection is off on some dual card systems? I have a single card system.
just a thought probably no help.

Inviato Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 5:51 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The first question is of course if you have problems with the current setting, or what the reason is you want to change it.
If it shows a small amount, it is indeed possible that vdj is using the internal gpu of your cpu, and not the discrete gpu.
The video card drivers usually come with some control panel to manually select which programs use the gpu, so you can change it there to have virtualdj use your discrete gpu.

Inviato Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 10:10 am
I was trying to record an mp4, and my cpu meter was maxed out. I had a post about this already and thought that I had solved the problem, but it came back. This is a different laptop with better specs, and I'm still having the same problem. Following your instructions, I was able to add Virtual DJ to the list of programs that would use my video card, but when I check in VDJ videoMaxMemory is still showing automatic(24). The CPU meter is not maxed out right now, but not sure if that will last.

Specs
Windows 8.1 64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.50GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M GDDR5 4GB
16 gb ram

Inviato Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 12:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)