Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Radio Brodcasting Setup

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok over the past few months I have posted a few threads regarding my setup for radio broadcasting and the constant problems I have using my DDJ-SX as the controller, the PC soundcard setting and microphone usage etc.. As an example I did a show on Friday night and everything worked perfectly ..The SX, Mic and sound through the pc to stream to the station but today, even though I left everything set up exactly the same as it was on Friday, nothing would work.

I would really like to use VDJ broadcasting to stream my shows as its pretty simple to use and setup and I am happy just to use VDJ without plugging in the SX - the only problem I need to resolve is how do I set up a mic to use during the shows (I'm not worried about ducking or talkover as I normally use the faders for this anyway).

So could anyone recommend a set up to broadcast using VDJ with no controller and a mic please.

Thanks.

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 10:26 am
First question - do you have a mic that will plug straight into your computer?

If not, you'll need to use an audio interface with a suitable input for the mic you do have.

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 11:43 am
Hi Groovin,

I have a few mic's but I'm assuming you mean a USB mic for the pc? If so no I don't but am happy to buy one if this is the simplest solution or am also happy to buy whatever I need to ensure I can get everything working 100% every week I'm not 'that' worried about cost as long as its high quality if you get what I mean !

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 12:54 pm
No it doesn't need to be USB.

What I mean is, if you're not using a pro audio interface with full size XLR inputs or even a 1/4" jack, then the mic you use will need to fit into the mic socket of the computer.

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 12:59 pm
ahh I see sorry, in that case I don't have an audio interface. At the mo (with the SX set up - when it works) I have the mic into the sx and RCA to jack from the SX booth out into the line in of the pc.

is there an interface you would / could recommend and I can google it.

Thanks

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 1:10 pm
How much are you prepared to throw at it?

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 1:21 pm
as much a need be to be honest quality is what I'm after rather than saving money

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 1:24 pm
Maybe a small mixing desk then, which would give you XLR mic inputs and 2 or 3 way hardware EQ. Get one with a USB audio interface so you can get the output into the computer.

Let's not mess about - Allen & Heath ZED-10 http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/zed-10/

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 2:27 pm
looks great and a really affordable price - thanks Groovin will read through the specs and prob order tomorrow

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 4:26 pm
Ok soooo I have the ZED-10 in front of me nice little mixer with lots of scope for other stuff gig wise - many thanks for the recommendation Groovin ...and here comes the BUT !! how do I get it set up to work with VDJ ?

I 'think' I have it set up on the pc ok as I have mic sound coming out of my speakers and the levels on the mixer move as I test speak. Do I need to set up a new source in my VDJ audio settings? I have tried

Source: mic Soundcard: USBAudio Codec (Wasapi) Channel: Chan 1&2

Be grateful for some assistance on this please

Thanks

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 3:31 pm
How do you want to set things up?

If you're broadcasting (streaming) from VDJ then presumably you need the Zed set up as a VDJ line input to get your mic into VDJ?

Or are you wanting to feed the VDJ audio output into the Zed (where it gets mixed with your mic) and then on to somewhere else?

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 3:42 pm
Thanks for such a quick reply Groovin

I'd like to keep it as simple as possible so your first suggestion is what I'm thinking is all I need but am struggling to get it set up in the audio settings i.e do I choose the source as Line In ?

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 3:51 pm
Yes, I would say that 'line in' would be the thing to choose, then pick the Zed USB output as the audio interface (for the line in).

Your audio output can still be your Pioneer controller, and you can use the Pio for hardware control (buttons, jogs etc).

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 4:13 pm
Ok thanks Groovin - will give it a try tomorrow and post back

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 4:26 pm
Me again !! sorry !

Ok I'm a little lost here with this now - I have got my radio station IP etc set up in the VDJ broadcast (the test stream for the station not a live one !) I hit broadcast and I can see on some separate monitoring software that I'm getting through to the world Yey !! but for the life of me I can not get this bloody mic to work !

I have the ZED10 plugged in as before via USB - with RCA 2 Jack on its monitor out going into the Line In on my PC soundcard - I know the signal is hitting my PC as I can see the led's re-act on my PC meter but what I can't work out is how to get this signal to go through VDJ to broadcast with the mic as well ??

my audio settings as they stand are
Source - Master Soundcard Bose USB Audio (WASAPI) Chan 1&2
Source - line in 1 Soundcard USB Audio Codec (WASAPI) Chan 1&2

Nothing works with this although I'm assuming VDJ is seeing the ZED10 mixer as it gives the option of USB Audio Codec ??

surely it can be this difficult to get a mic to work with VDJ broadcast

I really would appreciate some advice as I'm due to do my first show of the year tomorrow at 1600 UK

Thanks for any help you can offer

Inviato Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 5:55 pm
You shouldn't need an RCA to jack cable from the A&H as it has USB audio in & out - although if you can't get VDJ to accept the ZED as an input source on USB then an analogue cable to the PC should work.

You don't need both. Either use the ZED via USB in to VDJ for the mic, or the analogue cable. For the latter you need the line in 1 set to your PC audio, not the ZED.

Inviato Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 6:06 pm
Thanks groovin (again !)

I've been playing around with the settings and did actually try just the analogue into the Line in on the PC soundcard. In the PC soundcard properties for the Line In, I've checked the "listen to This Device" checkbox and set the playback device as "default" (which at the moment is my BOSE USB audio speakers).

So as it stands I can now hear both the music AND mic through my monitor speakers although there is a slight delay on the mic response - is this a latency issue possibly?

Even though I can hear both music & mic through the monitor speakers how do I know that both are actually being broadcast through VDJ as I have a niggling doubt the only reason I can now hear the mic is because it's playback device is the actual speakers.

the other option I was toying with is to set the default playback device as the Realtek HD Audio as this is the only Soundcard option VDJ is giving me on the line in?

Inviato Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 6:28 pm
Just to update I managed to get a show out yesterday but more by luck than anything else although not using VDJ broadcast either. Basically what I did extra was stuck a couple of RCA's in the ZED10 monitor out and plugged them into my 'mic in' on the PC soundcard then configured VDJ Audio to send the signal to the PC Soundcard as the master. It all worked but to be honest was not perfect from a user point of view (very fiddly trying to mix, speak & fade all at the same time!).

I'm going to speak to support on this now as I really can't believe it is this difficult just to get a mic to work with VDJ broadcast with or without a controller, hopefully they can resolve it but I will post back once I find out.

Inviato Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 8:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)