Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need a definition-file for Ableton Push!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi!
Can someone write a definition file for the Ableton Push hardware?
I tried it, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
I specially need to get the LED's working, and if its possible it would be great to
send informations to the display... Would be fantastic, but I think this is very tricky,
so with the LEDs working its ok.
The OS is Windows, if that information is relevant.

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 10:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 5:53 pm
Could you try to write the head of the definition file and one of the buttons with its RGB-LED at least?
This ones that send a NOTE-information for example... The main buttons of the unit...
I tried it in the way I have done it with my Launchpad in VDJ7 but somehow it doesn't work...
Maybe I have a some mistakes I can not discover...

This picture can help you to get the right adress, I can try it with my unit then...

http://i2.wp.com/julienbayle.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/UserMode_fromPush.png

Inviato Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 12:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It seems that they dont follow a known (implemented) pattern, so your only chance is to define each color separately (or at least the most of them) like this..
<color note="0x5C" values="0x00=#000000,0x01=#0000FF,0x02=#FF33CC,0x03=#FF33CE,0x04=#FF00FF,0x05=#7F80FF,0x06=#FF1A65,0x07=#AA11EE,0x08=#FFCC00,0x09=#7FE67F,0x0A=#FF7FE6,0x0B=#AA5599,0x0C=#FF667F,0x0D=#AA44AA,0x0E=#FF5599,0x0F=#BF8072" name="LED_PAD1" channel="0" />
Of course this is just an example.
What you need actually to define is what html color (approximately) each velocity value offers. #000000 (black) should be the value that the Led requires to turn off.

I used the first pad the sends Note 92(decimal)-->0x5C (hex)

If you manage to define the LEds like this, then in the mapping all u need is to use .. constant 'x' where x is a text like .. red, green, a#html code etc. A <color> key/led actually expects a text of e pre-defined color, or an html color code or r,g,b etc... See... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDIv8.html

Inviato Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 1:42 pm
Hello andy-chiles!
Do you have the Ableton Software too ?
Do you will use Ableton Software+Ableton Push Hardware in the VDJ 8 Pro Infinity ?
Have read in the manual that can rewire VDJ8 Pro Infinty with Ableton oder Propellerhead Reason,
but i have not One of the Other Software (Abelton oder Propellhead) to test it out.

Eventually this help you to use your Equipment.

I think someone use this Equipment so here from VDJ_Forum and can help you to connect all this

VST Effects goes too in VDJ 8 Pro Infinity

greatings,Dirk

Sorry for my bad English,i waiste not does there is every Word is right

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 10:11 am
vlnjacki wrote :

Eventually this help you to use your Equipment.

Actually there are things to consider when using Live as a ReWire slave:

You can't use (in Live) VST or AU plugins, MIDI controllers, physical audio in/out or MIDI output.

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 10:18 am
@ vlnjacki
No I don't want to use VDJ rewired with Ableton... I dont like Ableton and I also don't want to run 2 softwares while Djing...
So I want to use ONLY VDJ8 with the Push as a directly Controller for VDJ8.
Ich möchte also Ableton nicht mit VDJ verbinden... Nur VDJ direkt mit dem Push :)

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 11:24 am
@djdad
Thank you for your request...
It helps a little... but I think that my problem probably is in the header of the xml-file because the device appears 4 times in VDJ and everyones mapping is "ignored".

This is the text in my xml with the header:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<device name="Ableton Push" author="Andy Chiles" description="Ableton Push" version="800" type="MIDI" decks="2" padColumns="4" padRows="2" padSides="2">
<button note="0x5C" name="PAD1" deck="1" channel="0" />
<color channel="0" note="0x5C" name="LED_PAD1" default="PAD1" values="0x00=black,0x18=blue,0x28=green,0x38=cyan,0x48=red,0x58=magenta,0x68=yellow,0x70=gray,0x78=white" deck="1" />
</device>

Don't take to much focus on the LED-Values... I don't edited them yet.
Why does my device appear 4 times in VDJ and why can't I edit the mapping?

Could you please write a correct xml header so that the device is recocnized correctly in VDJ8?
If I'm sure that the header is correct I can experiment with the button & LED definitions...
Or could you add me on facebook eventually? So we can fix that in a faster way :)

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 11:41 am
andy-chiles wrote :

<device name="Ableton Push" author="Andy Chiles" description="Ableton Push" version="800" type="MIDI" decks="2" padColumns="4" padRows="2" padSides="2">

As far as I can tell, you don't provide ANY way for VirtualDj to recognize the unit. Therefore all "unknown" units are assigned as "Ableton Push"

Please take a look here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDIv8.html
Read the Unique Identifiers section on the beggining of the page.

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 6:29 am
Ok thank you!
Now it works... It still appears 4 times but every mapping is the same...
However, I think thats ok...

But an other issue came up...
Everytime I'm activating a LED in the mapping, a piano tone gets played by VDJ...

And:
I have this mapping on the LED (for example):
deck 1 hot_cue 5 ? get_constant blue : get_constant darkblue

Now I load a song with a hot_cue 5 in it, then the piano tone is played, too.
And that happens for every LED that gets activated... The tones play at the same time...
Even on start up of VDJ when the Controller gets recocnized and the LEDs start to work...
It sounds like I'm hitting a piano-keyboard all the way down with my whole leg!

Does someone know how to turn this off?

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 8:25 am
You have definately done something terribly wrong! :P
I mean, the piano tones don't come from VirtualDj itself. They come from your computer's MIDI synthesizer. Therefore, besides sending MIDI data on your controller it appears that you're also sending data on the Microsoft SW Synth.
You need to check your configuration again.
If you run virtual MIDI ports (Like LoopBe or MIDI OX etc) you should disable them.
Once you get everything working correctly you should see the Push device listed only once!
Then your computer won't play piano tones! ;)

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 8:59 am
DeadlydPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am not a programmer. Can you help me get my push working with VDJ8 standalone?

Inviato Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 9:23 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)