Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Oh boy!!!once again,I'm on it,Numarks NV gets the update!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Vdj 8 compatibility that is....hey whos this guy?..who cares! its the news that count! numark NV screens now work with virtual dj 8 !!!
https://youtu.be/Jy2jMXqqdhA

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 7:28 pm
Yeah they told us a week or 2 ago..............

You should really check out the forums more before you post bro.

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 8:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 9:02 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Very good indeed, although I see from the mapping that the 5 padmode buttons don't have a shift modifier

+&- Jump mode
A custom button mode
Sample bank select mode?

I can think of 2 more modes that would happily work with 8 pads as slaves.

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 9:11 pm
I'm sure you'll figure it out Loco,it would be a project,but what with the song list?

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 9:17 pm
Song lists works just fine, folders and tracks are all there and shown.................

Take some time and read and watch all the videos, lol!!

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 9:20 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Yeah they told us a week or 2 ago..............
You should really check out the forums more before you post bro.

SBDJ wrote :
Yup, two weeks ago ;)

Gee,you guys are so..."uplifting" and "informative".....imao

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 9:29 pm
That's what were here for 👍

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 12:32 pm
Okay "informative" people...is this fully working with ALL functions in the NV?... like "scene" memory (memorizes cue moves etc) ?... I doubt it..

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 3:15 pm
That's a BIG NO buddy but you can use POI's and jump around just like Serato Flip.

Oh and it can't be done on the fly with VDJ like it can be done with. Serato.........

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 6:00 pm
It can be done right now ,it just needs a ****load of imported poi and a lot of scripting.
I've had OtF recording working in a simple form, the tricky bit is the first button play press, essentially you need a ONINT (via poi) on every track so that when you press button (say) 2, to start sequence 2, it knows which cue point to jump to, Once the ball is rolling there's not much to it. The only challenge for ONINT per track is guaranteeing that the poi is actually hit.

The snag is you need lots of poi and large numbers bite into CPU load ( 8 sequences using 8 cue points, allowing 20 steps per seq is 1280 poi and 88% won't be used) so possible but unlikely. but a couple of tweaks with what can be done setting cues, then the ball game gets manageable. (8 sequences, 8 cues each going a full 20 steps, would only be 160 poi)

Here's the kicker, that "designed for serato" controller only supports 6 sequences, V8 could do 8 :-) and you'd be able to tweak the sequence after that fact in the editor. That's two middle fingers at serato, one for each extra sequence.

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 7:29 pm
hmm..a lot to think about..well someone can script this and put it up in downloads then we'll be in heaven7...

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 9:23 pm
I don't doubt what your saying Loco but I'm gonna have to see your script in person.

I've use/used Serato Flip and it is super easy to use.

If you can make it just as easy I'm all for it but setting up a POI does take time.

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 3:25 pm
The end user wouldn't type any poi, ever
I've got a program that, outside V8, adds these poi to every track in a database with just a double click, These get added to the very end of a track. No effort required.
I just worry about my crappy C# coding destroying databases. (it's just text manipulation but I still worry)

The action in use is as you would expect, I'll put what a user does in bold
There are 3 modes play mode, playloop mode and record mode.
To record, press the record button, press a button to pick which number sequence you want to record (let's say 4), if a sequence is already on that button it shifts all the corresponding poi back to the end. Anyway pressing 4 sets up a variable ("seq") to 4

Like I said the first hotcue press is the tricky one, lets say hotcue 2,
First it has to find out which sequence it is in ("seq" 4) and then has to set up a variable "seq4first" 2 (so in playmode pressing sequence 4 goes to cue 2) and it sets up a variable counter and adds 1 "seq4counter" 1 oh yeah and it goes to the hotcue :-)
The next hotcue press (let's say 6) becomes easier script wise, first it has to find out what sequence is in record by quizzing the seqXcounters. if they're 0 quiz the next one, if it's not at zero, then find out what it is at (this case 1) so then we know where we are and it moves a poi (from the end) to the current position.

The poi is simple, is the counter what I expect ? yes, go to the hot cue and increase the counter
var_equal "seq4counter" 1 ? goto cue 6 & cycle "seq4counter" 21 : nothing

The rest of the button presses are just the same until the end press, press record again to stop recording the end press lays a poi that resets the counter and asks are we in playloop mode? if we are, what was "seq4first" , go to that hotcue (2) and increase the counter to 1

playmode is pretty much the same but pressing button 4 for sequence 4 it has to find out what is "seq4first" (2) go to the hotcue and increase the counter
The truly tricky part is switching the "seqXfirst" variables & resetting the counters when you load a new track. (resetting could done with load_pulse, switching I haven't figured out properly.)

In isolation it's not too difficult, but to roll it out for all users it's a huge task, all the HW/keyboard remapping, a skin, the program to import the poi (written by someone who knows what they are doing) I think when it arrives (*pray for 8.1*) it won't use poi as we know them, but it will be a similar logic.

If someone with C++ C# coding skills fancies collaborating.... my program is very rough (it just writes lines and sticks the poi at a set beat, I rely on a V8 poi to shift the poi to 99.99% then there could be something beta'd pretty soon

I do wonder though what happens with serato if in a flip you use the new jump command, and jump over a flip marker?

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 9:37 pm
Loco..this is amazing!..but to much for some folks.I think Vdj should look into it and add it ... call it something else,but add it. I look at it as a sequencer that records your moves (Roland and other synth manufactorers done this a while back ) and then replay the sequence with "scenes"...

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 10:00 pm
I think of it as a turntablist, essentially you're mimicking 2 copy juggling. So I'd call it route (short for routine)
But I agree the scripting is too much for a normal user that's why I was hoping of a collaboration, a coder and a skin maker then it would be easy for the end user,
Download, run the import program, pick the skin, pick the mapping and rock on.

I've just had an idea for the ONINT, that you could set the variables by load_pulse reading a tag but that kicks the can, how do you automatically write the tag?

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 10:16 pm

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 5:10 am
I've figured out the ONINT dilemma, you add a simple specific numbered hotcue (which can be done automatically OtF) to signify the first cue for a sequence, and then have the sequence button query if that cue exists, What difference does 8 more cues make when you already have 1300? Pretty simple.

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 5:02 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)