Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: When it's time to switch over to VDJ8?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Reading the VDJ8 bug report thread kind off scares me away from start using it live.
I am so happy using VDJ7.4.2 but something inside me tells me "it can be even better"
I know many of you are totally confident with 8, but will it be some 8.1 soon or how is the progress from the development team?

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 3:33 pm
Version 8 is fine if you use the public version and not the beta .... in saying that I have been using betas for months now and have only had to roll back once (and I could have still done my gig with the beta)

Regarding 8.1 I don't think it's going to work that way ..... the devs are drip feeding features and improvements slowly so I don't know if there will be a major "new" release as that just puts things back to square one. Who knows!

Atomix never give any indication of what's coming up and it's been like that for ever!

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 3:38 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
8.1.... It's just around the corner [/inJoke]

I'll guess 8.0.5 will be the end of the public beta, once the common bugs are squashed, 8.1 will be features :-)which will need another round of beta (not as lengthy as this current one)

When is it time to switch? Only you can say. Hammer 8 in practice, if it works cool, if you find a problem report it. The more people do this the better.

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 4:35 pm
I have come pretty far with additional mapping of my HC4500 in VDJ7.4.2
Will this mapping need to be reworked when going for VDJ8?
Or just copy the XML file?

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 8:49 am
You will need to recreate your mapper. For the most part of it for a unit like HC4500 the commands can be copy/paste, but a few additional tweakings may be needed...

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 8:54 am
It's time to switch to 8. Just because Frank is having issues, does not mean that you will have issues. I am actually over- confident in 8. I upgrade to a new beta, just before going live in the club. Kids, do not try this at home.

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 8:46 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Me and a few other people spun on my HP using VDJ 8 for almost 22 hours and VDJ was flawless. I even recorded 11 hours of the set and the recording sounded pretty good.

I did not use any video's just four decks, the effects and the sampler.

We used my Numark N4, as a controller and for sound, which is a perfect match for VDJ 8.

So I think it is safe to say VDJ 8 is stable.

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 12:23 pm
Any bugs now are usually very specific, and are fixed quickly by the team.

It's a very stable piece of software and a credit to the dev team for persevering. It's come a long way!

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 12:41 pm
May I ask, how often does new betas come out?
Anyone know when there will be a "final" release? (Like 8.0.5 or so)

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 2:11 pm
The betas are usually between one and two weeks. I can't answer your second question.

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 2:26 pm
The version available via the forum download button is the "final" (or released) version. That gets updated after a beta has been proven for long enough.

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 2:51 pm
Betas are coming out at a rate of 1 to 2 a week.

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:31 pm
groovindj wrote :
The version available via the forum download button is the "final" (or released) version. That gets updated after a beta has been proven for long enough.

Aha! So the one I downloaded two months ago is not the same version as the one that is available today?
Or will my two months old install detect updates automatically and update?

Inviato Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 1:26 am
I made up my mind.

I will now switch over to VDJ8. Thank you all for good and useful information.
Beware! There will be lots of mapping related threads now , how to set up my HC4500 to act like before :) :)

Inviato Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 6:08 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have been using 8 full time since August o September. It's been really good and I have never had an issue.

Inviato Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 1:32 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)