Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Improper behavior when dragging songs to a Virtual Folder.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have my songs indexed by BPM. When dragging a song to a Virtual Folder the list will re-index. It shouldn't do that. The list should stay static. This is wrong behavior. Please add this to the fix schedule.

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 3:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Virtual Folders do not have an order, if you want them sorted by BPM, just click on the BPM column header to sort by BPM.
If you want your own order, then create a playlist instead of a virtual folder.

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 4:42 am
Perhaps I was not clear enough in my description. Let me try it again.

I index my songs by BPM and then KEY. I scroll the listings to say 128 BPM and KEY of Am. I find a song I like and then drag it to a Virtual Folder. After I see the "ADD TO VIRTUAL FOLDER" I release my mouse button. Then the TRACKS that I indexed by BPM and KEY re-order themselves. It re-indexes the list into a non-logical order.

Then I have to re-do the BPM order and KEY order and then scroll back to my 128 BPM Am area. It is quite annoying.

After I drag a song to the Virtual Folder the SONG LIST should NOT re-order. It should stay static where I left it. Please add fix to the next release. Thanks.

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 4:53 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is it possible that your current browser list contains more than 1 track of the same artist?
If so, then the tracks of the same artist get a new order.
I don't know why, but I can reproduce that.

Before adding a track to a virtual folder

After adding a track to a virtual folder

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 10:42 am
Mine is MUCH WORSE. Duplicates certainly should NOT affect how the database is indexed. They should only appear together and NOT affect the column indexing.

Before dragging a song to a Virtual Folder. Database is indexed by BPM and then KEY.

After dragging a song to a Virtual Folder. My BPM and KEY of E indexing is changed to an indexing that makes NO sense.

Thanks for your input. But this needs to go to the Application People.

P.S. Also notice some songs have the ARTIST field BLANK. The file names are correct, yet VDJ does not parse the filename correctly into the ARTIST TAG field. Another annoyance.

Regards,

Jimmy

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 6:41 pm
Where are you dragging the files from? (a regular folder, a search, another virtual folder, ...)
I tried with a regular folder, sorted it by key then bpm, dragged a track to a virtual folder, but after that it was still sorted bpm first, then key.

Edit: It is not very clear, but it looks like in your first screenshot the key column has a sort arrow, and in the second it doesn't?

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 1:23 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Adion wrote :
Edit: It is not very clear, but it looks like in your first screenshot the key column has a sort arrow, and in the second it doesn't?

I think that is the point. It just resets the sorting after dragging a file to a vFolder.

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 4:05 am
Can you reproduce that? Sorting is not reset when I tried.

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 4:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)