Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Content

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have subscribed to Karaoke content for the past few months analyzing what's available. In combination with my karaoke database I had not run into many issues. This past weekend I had a younger crowd and a lot of the requests were from the past 2-3 years. To my dismay they were not in the VDJ database. Some were very popular. One was Sam Smith's "Stay With Me". Other "cloud" services have up to date music available and I wanted to know what the plan is for VDJ to increase the number of songs from the current years. I prefer to use VDJ so I can use my controller and play audio, video and karaoke files together using one software, and access to my hard drive of media and the VDJ cloud. But right now unfortunately I will have to use another companies cloud.

Thanks,
DJ Danny T
Maryland

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 6:43 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This is a technology I may want to adopt in the future, I'm interested in anyone who can make it work well. Keep us informed about your progress. You're on the cutting edge.
You hint at the fact that it performs well, but is short of a few newer titles. I think I might be prepared to supplement a good basic library with Sunfly downloads.
Some areas of the UK do not have mobile phone, or Internet coverage?
It must be the future, but when?

Inviato Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 7:40 am
VirtualDJ does not supply the karaoke database, and has no control of the content. They just offer the subscription, and ease of use. The actual tracks are supplied by these companies; USA/CA powered by KaraokeCloud. Internationally powered by MegaHits. The Catalog includes SBI, SunFly and DigiTrax (Chartbuster) songs. I can't tell you why these tracks were not available. It may be a licensing agreement, you know like the movies on cable TV. This is the disclaimer I see on the site I buy my new stuff from; ** Catalog database is subject to change by territory, licensing, and/or restriction lists. You are not going to find every track known to man on any site, so you will need options. I use Karaokedownloads.ca, which is a division of TriceraSoft. They seem to be the big boys, and bought out the company I was using before. I keep this open, in case contententunlimited does not have the track I need.

Inviato Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 9:15 pm
Thanks everyone.

Inviato Thu 07 May 15 @ 1:19 pm
I have been using CU for Karaoke for almost a month, I am having a problem when searching for songs. I have made the VDJ CU the main search along with my library and it seems like it will not search in the Karaoke. Any suggestions. I am at home right now and trying and having the same problem. I do have an issue with WiFi when at the bar I KJ.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 7:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)