Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rest in Peace DJ Phil LeBash a true pioneer in the art of music mixing.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

This is a picture of Phil LeBash back when mixing of dance music first started back in the 70's. Notice the Bozak rotary knob mixer. That was "State-of-the-Art" back then. All the major city DJs used this mixer.

My first encounter with Phil was when a friend of mine insisted I go to this Club called the Illusion and check out the DJ. When I walked in I noticed right away this DJ had the coolest turntables. They were Technics SL1100s that had the tall smooth sided platter. And he was using this bad ass mixer... a Bozak CMA-10-2DL. That was also "State--of-the-Art" in the best clubs.

And this DJ Phil was playing songs and mixing them together that kept everyone dancing. It was awesome what he was doing. I never seen anything like it.

Well that experience in 1975 got me started in my music career. God bless you Phil for introducing me to a great life DJing. You'll be missed.

And may God bless you on your new journey. Hopefully you'll get hooked up with all the BEST stuff.

Inviato Wed 06 May 15 @ 3:24 am
Had the 1100s and the Bozak. The spot where the 45 adapter sits, has a socket to plug in the strobe illuminator. Brings back memories. The 1100s were stolen and I sold the Bozak.

Inviato Wed 06 May 15 @ 2:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)