Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop Placement (Where Do you set yours?)...........Lets Talk.......

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Well for me I try to set it off to the side and never in front of me. When I first starting playing out I had a flight case that had a shelf built in and I always felt like it was hiding what I do. So I ditched that flight case and and bought a stand which now sits off the side of me.

For some guys it doesn't matter and some use the keyboard for shortcuts and stuff which I have no problem with but I just can't do it 😜

So where do you place yours and way??

Inviato Sat 23 May 15 @ 1:20 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2 laptops (with more shortcuts than an A-Z map) either side of my mixer (if I'm not using my 12's) fully opened, I despise dj's hiding behind a monitor, the dj's body language is part of the performance.

Inviato Sat 23 May 15 @ 2:23 pm
hey Loco, show us a vid, I'd love to see that!
@ bb
I have a box on wheels, 60cm x 40cm x110cm, in it is a desktop pc, 21 inch screen, ddj wego, 10 channel yamaha desk, three dmx desks, etc. etc
but I always stand it skew whiff, like at about 2 O'Clock so that the girls can see what I'm jiggin back there

Inviato Sat 23 May 15 @ 2:47 pm
Tablet mode in front of the controller. Here's tonight's setup.

Inviato Sat 23 May 15 @ 3:32 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I really like using my coffin case. I got the L-Stand because it allowed me to put the laptop into different locations.
Recent discussions in the My Setup thread and the Laptop Stan thread got me thinking more bout position.
While my laptop has been offset in most of my setups, reviewing pictures led me to try it mor on the corner.
We will see how it looks with gigging.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/200908/General_Discussion/Dj_Laptop_Stands______Let_s_Talk_______.html?search=Laptop%20stand%20beatbreaker1&page=1

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/96897/General_Discussion/This_is_my_setup____Whats_Yours_.html

Inviato Sat 23 May 15 @ 4:23 pm
i like mine in front of me but still able to see the crowd and they are still able to see me and for me it works :)

Inviato Sat 23 May 15 @ 4:55 pm
So it seems that most who have posted here dont mind having a laptop in front of them.......interesting.

Inviato Sat 23 May 15 @ 7:25 pm
Mines right in front of me, don't see the need to set it to one side, people can see me quite clearly. Also, in the ballroom where I work I am on the same level as the customers i.e. no stage. I've always preferred to be among the customers rather than remote onstage. In fact I don't have a 'DJ Booth' as such, it's a free standing box on wheels at the edge of the dance floor with speakers either side. Customers can walk behind me and/or come up close and personal with their requests and can see what I do onscreen. I have no problem with this as it's not like a nightclub, it's a Hotel where I'm doing weddings mainly.

In this pic my DJ Box is to the left of the band with my laptop screen protruding above it. The two speaker stacks are either side of it, they are stored inside the box when not in use. After a gig the Hotel staff wheel the box into a cupboard until needed. Because this box is on wheels it can be placed anywhere in the room. The ballroom holds 120, so, it's not big like the other Hotel I sometimes DJ at.

Inviato Sun 24 May 15 @ 1:22 am
My laptop is set up to one side...

In front of me are my mixer and two decks. The laptop sits on an arm which is tightened to a wooden shelf under my coffin case.

Inviato Sun 24 May 15 @ 4:09 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
That looks very nice Groovin, and the stand seems to be one of the best. I also liked Beatbreakers.
I'm still trying to work out what to buy to replace my piece of tin.

Hey Beatbreaker, this series of threads you are starting is a great idea.
I hope you make this a new VDJ discussion forum tradition.
Kudos.

Inviato Sun 24 May 15 @ 6:34 am
It's actually an arm designed for a monitor, with a plate attached that I ordered separately.

Inviato Sun 24 May 15 @ 7:42 am
DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
as a BR DJ I happen to have my laptop sitted on an angle on top of the bottom of an Odyssey Coffin off to the Left Side and I have my LG TV 45 " hooked up via HDMI cord staring 10 feet in front of me. works great in my appartment..

Inviato Sun 24 May 15 @ 4:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)