Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: automix skip, I need to choose the fade time ... please ... (SOLVED 2325)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

in v.7(6,5,4, or whatever,been usin VDJ since more than 10 years) I could set the fade time to match my AM set/playlist, but nowadays the skip is set(hardcoded) to three seconds ....why?
please consider this as a wish from someone that uses AM a lot, and misses this feature from earlier versions.
all the best
ray

Inviato Sun 31 May 15 @ 4:28 pm
+1 This is definitely on my wish list as well.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 1:56 am
+1 me too!

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 3:39 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Settings>Options>automix>fadeLength

Length (in seconds) of the transition when using "fade" in automix

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 12:31 pm
No thats exactly what raypitman said. This setting does not affect the skip fade length. It is hardcoded for some reason.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 2:50 pm
@ esp, yeah man that's exactly what I mean, in the older versions I could choose the AM skip length to suit my playlist, but since vers8 I have lost this feature...
and you are right, it has been hardcoded to 3 seconds, but I've been saying this for many months already, thankyou

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 3:07 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My mistake, I missed the skip part. I've never been concerned about the skip length.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 7:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You wouldn't want skip (skip to my mind means "get rid asap"), you'd want mix_now but unfortunately mix_now doesn't consider fade length either.

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 1:06 pm
yes loco, mix now doesn't consider the fade length, and that's the whole problem, in older versions I could hit the "skip" button(from my iphone even) or the option "mix now" or double click on a track and it would blend the next song in with 4,6,8 seconds depending on what I had chosen in the settings, which was the same as my current playlist of course 'cos I'm a clever sort of chap and had set it beforehand.
But since 8 has come out if I hit skip, or, double click on a chosen track in my playlist it always bangs it across with a 3 seccond fade and breaks my flow.
Dunno if that makes sense, but I'm trying ... everybody says so!

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 6:03 pm
@ the Devs...
Thankyou very much for adressing this, you guys rock!
best wishes
ray

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 2:55 am
mix_now_nosync custom button command does not respond to any user desired timing parameters. In VDJ 7 , I could set it from 2 to 8 seconds and was activated via a keyboard command.

That feature is gone in VDJ 8. Gone, as in does not exist, cannot be user configured. Keyboard or custom button? Nope.

Developers, please bring this user configurable option back as soon as possible. Some of us prefer plain vanilla options, and the mix_now_nosync customizable variable timing speed is as basic a software feature need as it gets.

Inviato Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 1:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Doesn't auto_crossfade do what you need then? It does allow the time to be set.

Inviato Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 1:37 pm
Solved 2325?
How?

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 10:29 pm
Hey Leiserbitte,
Since build 2325 it's been possible to set the length of the automix skip function, either manually or on certain skins there a whole range pre-configurated.
Take a look at the automix view on FRUiT's skin
best
ray

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 9:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)