Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: not recieving SL1 timecode signal

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

i am using a Windows 7 64bit laptop, VDJ8 subscriber license and Serato SL1 DVS with CV02 timecode vinyls.
Serato Scratch Live is installed on this computer and works as it should.

On VDJ i am using Serato SL1 Asio Drivers and assigned:
deck 1 to SL1 out 1
deck 2 to SL1 out 2
timecode 1 to SL1 in 1 L&R
timecode 2 to SL1 in 2 L&R

I chose an external mixer as an output and timecode signals as an input device.
Outputwise everything really works well: when i press play in VDJ8 i can use all faders and knobs on my physical mixer (crossfader, eq, fx, etc...) and the songs are playing on the correct mixing channels.
I just dont seem to get my timecode inputs to work, the wiring and the hardware does not seem to be the problem, since it is working on SSL.
I tried my best to solve the problem by reading old threads, but i did not find a satisfying response. I would be grateful for any attempt to help, thank you!

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 1:26 am
Probably easier for others to help with a screen shot of audio config.

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 7:37 am

The setup looks pretty intuitive and simple to me, i am really scratching my head what i am overlooking.

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 8:55 am
Just tested the same set up with VDJ7 and it works? Would be great if i could get it to work on VDJ8 since i subscribed to that.

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 12:34 am
Just tested the same set up with VDJ7 and it works. Would be great if i could get it to work in VDJ8 since i subscribed to that.

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 12:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In the TIMECODE tab of Settings, you dont get signal from both ?

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 12:18 am
Right, i do not get a signal from both timecodes. When i try to callibrate i get a "no signal" pop up.
I tried selecting the specific timecode type (Serato CV02 side A) aswell as the automatic option, no success.
I will borrow a SL2 box next week and see if that helps, maybe SL1 is just too outdated for vdj8 ?

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 1:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you click on the ASIO small button right next to the SL1 Driver name and post here a screenshot of the Panel/window you will get ?
If it works with version 7, it should work with 8 too, and i believe i have seen users here stating that it works fine.

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 6:58 am
CjunkinPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I can't get vdj8 to receive TC signal from my sl1 either. It works perfectly with scratch live, but I want to use vdj for video mixing. Ive tried the whole copy and paste drivers from the 64 and 32 folders thing and reinstalled them, but still no luck. I used a sl4 box with the exact same setup with vdj8 and it had no problems reading the time codes. Although, one weird thing that occurred, I had to open scratch live and reselect relative mode bc opening vdj8 somehow changed sl to thru mode in the sl software, so I couldn't get any audio from vdj8. Once I changed SL back to relative mode, I was able to get audio using the sl4. Weird, but that not that big of an issue. Not being able to use my sl1 box is unfortunately

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 5:48 am
CjunkinPRO InfinityMember since 2012
djdad wrote :
Can you click on the ASIO small button right next to the SL1 Driver name and post here a screenshot of the Panel/window you will get ?
If it works with version 7, it should work with 8 too, and i believe i have seen users here stating that it works fine.

I know this question wasn't for me, but when I click on asio, my screen goes black for a second and then comes back up and shows sl1 Asio as the source and it registers 44 bits. There's no window that pops up using windows 10 and there's still no signal from v2.5 timecodes

Inviato Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 3:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)