Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: stop the scan

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

No. Why there is no option is beyond me and has been asked for plenty of times.

Inviato Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 3:20 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
just shut down VDJ8 and restart it

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:58 am
They claim that the scan is in the background, meaning once you start playing VDJ will use very little resources for the scanning of tracks and it shouldn't mess with your ability to play.

I've just gotten so used to scanning everything before going live I don't really worry about it. There's been a few times where I've had VDJ scan a few tracks on the fly and it wasn't a problem for me.

I'd say go ahead and start scanning tracks (when your at home of course) and then just play as if you were playing out live somewhere. If you notice anything weird happening then don't scan while playing ever again 👍

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 9:43 am
I asked for this in beta, but found that it did not interfere with the software, when I was playing. I usually scan when I am home, but have been adding a lot of tracks from my jump drive, when I first get to the club. I'm talking about hundreds of tracks sometimes. They scan while I am playing, with no problems, so I found no reason to stop it.

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 1:57 pm
i Never use to have any issues but last 2 gigs this caused vdj 8 to stop working and had to re start.............not good !!

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 4:40 pm
danydjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How do you do when you arrive at work and that the database is dead.

You must rescan live

And it happens often.

Note that I do not work with 100 mp3
but 500,000

I do not understand why the mp3 information including cue are not recorded directly in the tag

You change letter of the hard disk, you change the name of mp3 and the info have not moved

Inviato Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 1:12 am
You have a different issue, if you are losing your database frequently. Are you saying that you play on Thursday night, and when you come to play on Friday, you don't have any bpms, cue points, keys, etc.? If this is what you are saying, it sounds like you may have a hard drive issue.

You have added to your post since I gave the above answer. Why are you changing drive letters? You are changing the path, that virtual dj is trying to find your music.

"I do not understand why the mp3 information including cue are not recorded directly in the tag". What's there to understand, that's the way the software works.

Inviato Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 1:22 am
danydjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm not a young user.

Therefore I know the different ways to work better

As have fixed letters to my hard drives. (my letter does not change)

Do not change the location files
or rename them.

The registry does not digest too large number of mp3.

In order not to have basic cue problem and other data.

the only solution is to put the info directly into the mp3 in its tag.

After more than a problem with a database.

Inviato Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 1:47 am
I'm not a young user either, and don't know what that has to do with your issue. Not sure that I follow your post, as English may not be you native tongue. That's OK because my English is not that great either. What I do know is we have the same software, and my database stays intact. I use the software the way it is. If you would like to have changes made, we have a wish list, that everyone can make suggestions.

Inviato Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 3:12 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)