Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do i change the latency setting in VDJ 8?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm using and external mixer with a Numark DJIO. I recorded some music earlier using Audacity & the sound quality didn't sound as good as VDJ 7?

Inviato Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 11:33 am

Inviato Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 5:03 am
Was the bit rate the same in both versions?

Inviato Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 12:15 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Levels are always a critical issue, as with any audio system, but even more so for recording.
Maybe?

Inviato Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:33 pm
Yes, I always use mp3 320. I just tested recording through both vdj7 & vdj 8.. Vdj7 was much better because I was able to change the latency settings for the DJio.

Inviato Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 1:02 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I suppose you could try varying the latency, it's set on just auto on my system in VDJ7, so I don't know what the true latency is, however VDJ8 says auto but is set at 512.
I'd still be suspecting the levels, may there is not enough headroom in VDJ8 , and the limiter is cutting in?
Trial, and error should produce a solution.

Inviato Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 1:37 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Latency settings are in the advanced settings area.

You should also check your ASIO config. Clicking the ASIO should bring up your latency settings there.

If your using V7 on the same PC as V8, then I would assume the ASIO settings are the same for both.

There could be a number of other reasons for the sound issues... Gain structure is deffinetly one of them.
The auto gain settings may need tweaking to keep yourself out of the limiters as suggested. Both the deck limiters and the master limiter need to be accounted for.
Check your zerodb and auto gain settings. -3db and auto can help keep you out of the limiters even when you have a couple tracks playing together.

Last would be the gain on any external equipment. I would need more information on that equipment to help farther.

Inviato Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 4:37 pm
ok thanks blckjck. will have a look into it.

Inviato Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 8:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)