Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pops & Crackles Using Sample Player

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've recently started to play around with the sample player, essentially triggering the built in drum loops over tracks. However I'm hearing random clicks and pops while the sampler is playing along side just 1 deck.

I have no issue running 2 decks, CPU load is very low, all unnecessary processes have been killed. I have tried this on a laptop & desktop without a controller and 1 desktop with a MC6000MK2 and the output is the same. I'm ensuring the limiter isn't kicking in... Not sure what more to try.

If I load a sample loop in to Deck 2 and play deck 1 & 2 together, I have no problem.

Any idea what I can try?

Inviato Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 3:36 am
What's the samples "normal" bpm??

I've noticed that if I play a sample that's say 97 bpm but jack it up to 128-130 I to get cracks and pops. I also agree that this isn't a deck issue, it only happens with the sample player.

It's like VDJ is having a hard time keeping it in key........

Inviato Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 5:36 am
Thanks for the heads up, even if it's a couple of BPM difference it pops, maybe that's not the cause? I'll keep trying to locate the issue.

I'm probably end up using decks 3 & 4 instead...

Inviato Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 8:53 am
NelumbLE userMember since 2013
master tempo is active for the decks?

Inviato Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 9:44 am
Yes it is... I've tried with it active and without as I'm only using 1 deck, it doesn't make any difference.

Actually after further investigation, if I set the sample just to be Sync-Start I don't get clicks although, because I'm playing tracks where the tempo varies, the sample drifts out of time. If I use Sync-Lock then the clicks start to happen, presumably as VDJ8 is having make tempo adjustments to the sample. Sounds more of a bug?

Inviato Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 10:40 am
I'd like to see an improvement on Bass Beat tracking. There are issues with the Bass Beat sometimes NOT starting on the "ONE". It seems to get lost. An improvement would be much appreciated.

Inviato Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 2:12 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)