Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Feature Request: Faster way to switch between audio setup profiles

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am often using several different audio devices a day, for example, at home when preparing a setup I use the build in device (using headphones), sometimes I switch to my bluetooth speakers at home. When working I have my Motu Microbook USB audio interface.

Switching between these devices and the profiles I have created for them is quite a hassle, since there does not seem to be a way to use keyboard shortcuts or assign a button via VDJscript . I can only use the mouse and it requires several clicks, every time again, each day.

I wish there would be an easier way to switch between profiles. Like using a VDJscript verb to change the audio settings.

So this is my feature request. Thanks for reading.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 4:33 pm
At the bottom right corner of the audio page, you can save each setup, and recall with one click.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 4:38 pm
I know. But that still means:

- click on the preferences symbol to show the preferences window
- click on the "audio" tab, unless it is still open
- click on the select box in the bottm right corner
- click on the desired setup/profile
- click on save
- click to close the window

Thats quite a hassle if you have to do this several times a day and a button on the skin assigned to a command in VDJscript would do it with ONE click.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 6:11 pm
Oh my..............................................Maybe one of the script experts will be able to help you.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 6:30 pm
I seem to remember that somebody made a profile plug in/add on, maybe that could help and be mapped to a button, I do it the old way like AMAHM said but I'm old school and happy with it.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 6:37 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It can't and wont happen by script, I've explained before (to you I believe) it opens a back door to piracy.

For this to be entertained the 10 minute trial would have to be redesigned.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 6:42 pm
how about a one click for CONTROLLERS? (I only have KEYBOARD MAPS saved)

I have several SAVED and it it's the same steps you do with the AUDIO (many clicks)
(different things I setup with the keyboard and remote)
With different setup, I can utilize the remote which is only 5 Buttons (so diff setup, button 1..2...4 etc... will have diff function).

Maybe for CONTROLLER, it will not open a BACKDOOR for Piracy.

Locodog, is it Scriptable ?

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 8:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that if the sound card in your setup is not available, vdj automatically uses the default audio device configured in windows as a master out, exactly for this purpose.
So if you make your work configuration, and you start vdj at home with your work setup not connected, you don't have to do anything to have sound for previewing on your default audio device.
So if you want to use bluetooth speakers, just ensure that in the windows audio properties they are selected as default audio device.
Since windows always uses an available device as default, that also means that without changing anything, it will also use your laptops internal audio when the bluetooth speakers are note available.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:13 am
Locodog: I dont see why this would be a back door for piracy. It just makes the switching between setups easier. This should be independent from the program internal checks for a valid license.

I would appreciate a word from the developers about this.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:18 am
Thanks Adion, I will try this today.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sorry Adion thats not right.
At least not for me.
If my SX is not connected, VdJ says “error in asio driver SX“ upon startup.
I then have to manually select internal soundcard and apply it.
Even though the internal is always selected as standard in Windows.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:51 am
Ok. I tried it (I am using a Mac). The fall back to internal audio when my audio interface or my bluetooth speakers are not availabe does only work when I restart VDJ.

Thats a little less hassle than 6 mouse clicks though...

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
PachN wrote :
At least not for me.

Yes, you get this error, and then you should be able to still load and play music.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 4:41 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I've previously asked for profiles on start-up, you open VDJ and you get a prompt "Which profile would you like to load" then you have a choice between your saved profiles for different venues/set-ups. This would include audio configs, controllers, mapping, skin etc.

Of course the whiners who don't want this prompt when opening VDJ could have the option to disable it.

I think this would be a good feature for DJs who go venue to venue and use different setups on different nights.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:02 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Adion wrote :
PachN wrote :
At least not for me.

Yes, you get this error, and then you should be able to still load and play music.

Okay, haven't tried that. But it works :)
Thanks for clarifying.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 7:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)