Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Have to pay to use your own equipment? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Is it right in me thing that if i bought a usb controller (mixtrack pro 3) for home use that i have to pay EXTRA money to vdj in order to use it?
or am i doing something wrong here? I'm only allowed to use it for 10 mins.

(remember i have bought the equipment and also this is for home use as i mix as a hobby)

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 12:17 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You may have bought the equipment but you haven't bought the right to use the software, we paid for the right to have full use of the software, many of us pro users have our controllers as well, but never thought we should be entitled to something we have never purchased.

You can hire a taxi, but you can't take it home with you.

You want full use, it's hands in the pockets time.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 12:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The Mixtrack Pro 3 comes with a license for competing software, not with a license for VirtualDJ. So yes, you would have to purchase a license to use it with our software.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 12:57 pm
You've paid for the hardware. You considered that worth the money.

If you want to use it with VDJ then surely a license for your controller is worth buying? If you want free, you have the bundled Serato DJ Intro.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 12:59 pm
serato is complete crap. and the intro vers doesn't even work with my controller + slip mode doesn't even work correctly.
and really? That's rediculous, that's like paying a toothpaste company to register your toothbrush with them in order to use it.

Sorry the way i see it, that's a complete rip off if someone wanted to use it non-commercially . However, it looks like i have no choice as I'm not a fan of piracy.

But as far as piracy goes, in this case I don't blame them: -- illegal download links removed -- (wasnt a download link it was a screenshot and it didn't even illustrate what site it was on)

another thing i dont understand is that i can use mouse and keyboard just fine for longer than 10 mins but im capped to 10 when using a controller, c'mon really?

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's like your toothbrush coming with a tube of tooth paste from one brand, and you prefer to use another brand of tooth paste.
If you want to use the other brand, you either have to buy it separately, or find a toothbrush that comes with your preferred brand of tooth paste.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:44 pm
btw my link wasn't a download (to whoever removed it)

and no this is obviously just a money grabbing tactic and its obvious.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:47 pm
Serato is crap, and just like you I have the DDJ-SX2 which requires the full version of VirtualDJ.

The pro licence will be valid for the lifetime of the product and will cover you for other supported controllers as well.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:48 pm
user10899681 wrote :
like paying a toothpaste company to register your toothbrush with them in order to use it.

What? Do you normally get free toothpaste when you buy a toothbrush then?

In my part of the world, toothpaste is sold separately to toothbrushes, and I have to pay for both.

You're complaining that even though you've got your free Serato toothpaste, you don't like the flavour and expect another brand to give theirs away free too.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:49 pm
Maybe people who buy low end controllers like myself who are just getting into the hobby (or whatever you wish to call it) cant afford to shell out extra just to use the h/w they purchased.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:50 pm
Why would you expect VDJ to be free just because you bought a Mixtrack Pro 3? It is obvious that is comes bundled with the Serato product. I don't get your hang up here.
Install the program from the Serato disk, or download from their site, how ever they direct you, and then you should have a fully functioning controller.
Or return your Mixtrack Pro 3 and buy the Mixtrack 3, http://www.amazon.com/Numark-Mixtrack-All-In-One-Controller-Solution/dp/B00Y2LIDHA/ref=pd_sim_267_2/175-7645320-8761949?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VSKZ35ZCTZ35TKGNQ4G
It comes with an LE version of VDJ. But no built in sound in the controller.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:51 pm
There is probably other DJ software that will support that midi controller for less money. Go and see what's on offer!

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:55 pm
There's always the subscription option too (which is the full Pro version of VDJ 8).

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:57 pm
why should it matter if i have h/w or not though. as i said mouse and k/b work fine but as soon as i plug in a controller, after 10 mins i get the money grabbing message. it makes no sense..

btw i suggest the site gets altered as this isnt even true 'virtual dj is free for home use' (I'm at home, I'm using it, and its not free):
http://gyazo.com/a6a8d3f5f81d200b4329783082e092a7

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:57 pm
you gonna cry about it or are you gonna be a DJ?

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:58 pm
both

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 1:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
user10899681 wrote :
why should it matter if i have h/w or not though. as i said mouse and k/b work fine but as soon as i plug in a controller, after 10 mins i get the money grabbing message. it makes no sense..

It has always been the case that using a controller requires either a bundled LE version, or a suitable paid version.

If we just gave away everything for free to people who say they are home users then we wouldn't need to have a paid for version, since everyone would just say 'I'm a home user, give it to me for free'.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:00 pm
user10899681 wrote :
btw i suggest the site gets altered as this isnt even true 'virtual dj is free for home use' (I'm at home, I'm using it, and its not free):
http://gyazo.com/a6a8d3f5f81d200b4329783082e092a7

It is free for home use, just not with a controller or special sound configurations.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:02 pm
It is free for home use - using mouse and keyboard.

If you've bought a controller then you're considered an advanced home user, because you're taking things more seriously and are prepared to spend money on your hobby.
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/price.html
There are controllers out there which come with a basic version of VDJ. You chose to buy one which didn't.

There's also plenty of other DJ software, but most of it costs money (on top of the cost of the controller). The free ones are free for a reason. You want quality, you pay for it!

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:05 pm
you could do a one off registration for controller and tie them to a specific location (i.e. home) and if the controller was to be used outside that registered area then it wouldn't function.

That would get around home users having to fork out extra money.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:13 pm
49%