Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Drive Still PC File Paths!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everybody. I switched over to a Mac about a year ago, and my music library is an internal drive and was no problem migrating over from PC. But my external drives which have my Karaoke and Video files always come up with the database with the g:\ or similar file paths. I remove those instances from the search DB, then add the drive to search DB and it's fixed, except I have to do it everytime I connect the drives! A pain in the ass, to say the least. I'm sure it's an easy fix so if anybody can point my in the right direction, please do.
Thanks
DJ Scotty

Inviato Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 3:57 am
BTW, I use VD8 but my database file in /Documents is VirtualDJ Database v6.xml. There is also the same file in /Documents/VirtualDJ as well as the VirtualDJ Local Database. I don't know which does what.
I also use the latest Mac OS 10.10.5

Inviato Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 4:01 am
I fixed this problem by edited the database.xml in the Virtual DJ folder, replacing the wrong file paths with the correct ones using a text editor. Fairly simple process.

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 15 @ 3:49 pm
xzandjPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi - by wrong file paths can you clarify as I have some wrong file paths appearing in the text editor but they seem like random songs?

Inviato Fri 12 May 17 @ 7:16 pm
xzandjPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I figured this out. I used Sublime text 2 to change the virtual dj database xml file (on my hard drive and my SD card) and I replaced all the file paths that referred to the old locations with the new file path location.

I also had to edit the database file for iTunes, as the old file paths were referenced here too - and this is all that Virtual DJ has to go from so it assumes iTunes knows where everything is.

BASICALLY, even after you've told VDJ where the new library is, iTunes was then telling it that the music was still located somewhere else.

THIS HAS MADE DJING REALLY DIFFICULT for the past three weeks, and I do this professionally - so i'm really glad I was able to piece together hints and tips from different threads and come up with a solution.

Inviato Sun 14 May 17 @ 9:17 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)