Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Because I said So.......

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Sometimes I give advice here, that I don't follow myself. Does that mean that it's bad advice, of course not. It just means that I drink the stupid koolade sometimes. However, I take full responsibility. Sunday night I setup, and change my soundcard because I used a different controller on Saturday. I hit apply and just as I hit close, I noticed a flicker on the sound card ui, out of the corner of my eye. I didn't think anything of it and started to play. I'm playing and notice there's no video on the screen. Try a few things then I noticed the HDMI cable is not plugged into the laptop. This is when I drank the koolade.

I didn't drink it right away, I thought about it for a few seconds, but said puck it and then I drank it. Now I know I should not do this, and would tell everyone else not to do it, but I actually practiced this at home, and thought it was OK. So I'm playing and everything seems ok. About an hour later, I noticed that a song did not load all the way. It's playing, but the load is still progressing slowly past the halfway mark. I think it may be the track so load it into the other player, and it loads fully and so does the first player. Now this continues, the song loads halfway, and then creeps to full. Everything else is OK, so I keep playing. This is when I drank the rest of the koolade.

I knew I should have rebooted, but now I had a full house, and as long as it loads, I'll deal with it. Time goes by, and then the song does not load, I eject and it loads, so now it's a little serious. I start the backup process. Load the next track, and get the stutter effect, fade out and turn up the backup. Not bad but I have to switch the screens. Now, this is where it gets interesting. After I reboot the sound card is still on the previous nights controller. I change it to the controller that I'm using and notice that the name changes, but the ASIO drivers seem to take a second to show.

So what is the moral of this long story. If you have an issue, reboot right away. Do not plug in a HDMI cable after your machine is on. I'm not sure about the sound card thing, but I wait until I see the ASIO drivers change before I close. Another thing, don't wear new shoes the first time, when you have to stand up for 7 hours.

Inviato Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 9:23 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Another thing, don't wear new shoes the first time, when you have to stand up for 7 hours.

That's the most important thing Rick!

Inviato Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 9:28 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
dude wall of text, you know better.

Inviato Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 1:05 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Another thing, don't wear new shoes the first time, when you have to stand up for 7 hours.

I have drank this koolaid before, with a new pair of cowboy boots...ouch. Dumbass!

Inviato Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 2:45 pm
locodog wrote :
dude wall of text, you know better.

You're right, I'm sorry. Better?

Inviato Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 2:39 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Much better XD

Inviato Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 4:02 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)