Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mp3 file causing me headaches

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi
This weekend i was doing my "amateur" mixes and decided to load "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough " from michael jackson.
about 30 seconds after the song started to "fade in/out" in a very ennoying way, i little bit like a phaser effect and kind of distorted.
So i checked everything, effects, equalizer, any activated key on the VDJ console (default skin)
the song on the other deck was finished. Nothing was activated.
I decided to load it back on the other deck..SAME THING ! verify everything again , no keys activated, nothing spécial noticed.
Very frustrated, i trashed the file with a big self relief, loaded another song and things went back to normal.
So i went to my cd racks, found the #$?%# song, put it back in my PC. played back: SAME THING !!!
i checked the kbps speed, 128, i dont know much about it, is it a bit low for a CD ? (but some of my cds are very old)
I loaded 100 songs on VDJ that day , all Ok, except for that one...
so what went wrong ? i have a lot of old music with 128kbps that i tested on VDJ and there is no issue.
Is there some other info about my mp3 files i should be aware of before loading it into VDJ ?

thanks for your help :).

Inviato Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 8:49 pm
Did you try mixing the file with a different file ?
this happens to me when i mix very similar songs (notes, chords, beat style)
i can not explain why this happens, but when i mix similar songs, it creates a reverb effect.
Most of the time i choose not to mix them together.
Try "hung up" madonna/ "gimme gimme" ABBA,
.. it does that for me.

Inviato Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 5:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)