Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone have any feedback on this GOBO projector?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

http://www.techni-lux.com/default.aspx?tabid=13&id=3367

Looking for something to shine on the dance floor in front of my set up when I do weddings (about 5-7 feet from me). This comes with a 50 watt bulb, and I just recently learned how to make my own monograms using transparency paper. Don't need it to rotate or shine different colors. Just need it to project a static monogram by me. For $75, it seems like a decent option.

Inviato Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 6:34 pm
At 50 watts it is going to be VERY weak and only visible in a dark room. I would save up and buy a nicer one. I have yet to see a gobo projector that uses transparencies to look even remotely good. If you are going to provide a service use the right tools and do it right or don't bother.
Rusty

Inviato Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 4:41 pm
Chauvet EZGOBO - 10 watts
Chauvet Gobo Shot - 50 watts
ADJ IKON - 60 watts
ADJ Supply Gobo - 10 watts
Gantom iQ Micro Projector - 4 watts
ADJ INNO SPOT - 50 watts
Martin Rush Gobo Projector 1 - 20 watts

With the exception of the IKON, they're all either the same wattage as the Technilux or less and they all have pretty good reviews from other DJ's.

Inviato Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 1:39 pm
you need to pay attention to the lamp type. A 50-60W LED is going to be way brighter than 50W halogen.

Inviato Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 4:28 pm
I use a Chauvet EZGOBO - 10 watts, and it shines on the dance floor and walls very nicely. We are not talking 300 feet away.

I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I use the Chauvet Gobo Zoom 2.0 which has been discontinued.

Inviato Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 10:47 pm
^ I've read a lot of good things about the EZGOBO and that's been on my list. I wonder what a 10 watt LED is comparable to a halogen. I just found where that Technilux is actually $50. For a gobo projector to do custom monograms made with transparency paper, I dont know if I can pass up that deal. And I only need it to shine like 5-7 feet in front of me. So it's probably between that or the EZGOBO.

Inviato Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 1:09 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Chauvet EZGOBO work VERY well but the batt may last me 2.5-3hr

Inviato Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 2:50 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have the Chauvet Ezgobo. It is ok for dark rooms, but not really great beyond that. Also, don't fall for the "print your own gobos cheap". Even this projector is strong enough to shine through black ink. If you want a quality image they should be cut from metal.

My advice, get a Video projector with an SD card slot. Then you can make any image, put it on an SD card and put it anywhere.

Unfortunately, forum rules prohibit selling. Edited by AMAHM

Inviato Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 4:25 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Apologies for that, was not my main goal to sell.

Inviato Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 10:49 pm
I bought the EZGobo. I picked it up for $65 through Craigslist, and is in brand new condition with everything. It was only used once before the guy who sold it to me decided he didnt want to DJ events anymore. He was actually selling a ton of gear in a firesale. I like the EZGobo and will work out perfectly for what I need. I checked out color slide.com which is on Chauvet's website and who they recommend for cheap gobos by using 35mm slides. I ordered one just to see how it looks. If it work out great, then I'll either keep using them or look for some place locally that can make 35mm slides, cut them to fit and use them in the EZGobo for custom monograms.

Inviato Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 1:31 pm
Does anyone here use a Video Projector to produce logos for use in Weddings etc? and if so what software can you use to create the logos. And are they bright enough to show the logo on the dance floor. Also what projector would be good enough there are loads on ebay

Inviato Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 4:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)