Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Soundcard: ESI UDJ6 vs. Focusrite Scarlett 4i6

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

c18ccPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hellooo!

I've been using VDJ 6-7 with a Numark VirtualVinyl box for over 5 years on a ***2006 Sony VAIO running Windows Vista*** Crazy, I know. After over 300 gigs on this system, I'm now massively upgrading: a brand new 15" i7 MacBook Pro and the full version of VDJ8. Alas, the time has come to retire this VirtualVinyl interface as well, as it's seen it's fair share of gigs.

I DO NOT use any of the timecode functionality of the box, just as a simple USB to 2x stereo out RCA to an external mixer. I do not need any inputs, as I'm just running VDJ as two stereo channels straight into a Pioneer DJM600 mixer. I purchased an ESI UDJ6, without reading that it is only USB 1.1. Will this affect performance or sound quality for my use? Would a USB 2.0 Focusrite Scarlett (or similar) be a better choice? I really don't need the inputs, so it seems overkill. I just want the best performance and sound quality before it hits my mixer.

Really nervous about upgrading my very reliable DJ setup and changing over my library, BUT glad to be doing this before anything fails and excited for an improved system. Any input is appreciated.

Inviato Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 9:11 pm
c18ccPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Help?

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 8:34 pm
If you are buying a brand new MacBook then you really should get an "up to date" audio interface.

I doubt anyone here is running that setup hence no replies. The ESI gear is good however USB1.1 is very slow and you would also need to check compatibility with the latest Mac OS.

I guess you will just have to try it and see what happens!

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 8:46 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Although I wasn't running a Mac (I used an Intel lappy), I did use an ESI U46DJ recently as a backup soundcard with v8 and it ran fine for me.

Inviato Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 6:59 am
Hi. Is anyone using the ESI UDJ6 audio interface with Virtual DJ 7? I'm pretty PC literate and still having trouble getting VDJ AND Win7 to recognize it. I've used ESI Gigaport HD for 7 years before it failed. Are they (ESI UDJ6) even compatible?

Inviato Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 5:43 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)