Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2016 last play - SOLVED in v7.4.7 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Since the new year, the last play date shows up as "2000/01/01"

Inviato Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 5:53 am
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Yep, noticed here too. Firstseen / FirstPlay / LastPlay .... all same problem.
XML file won't accept a 2016 date. 12/31/2015 is the last one it will take.
Gotta be fixed or all my sorts will be screwed up.
Will watch responses for fix.
Happy New Year all!
Doug

Inviato Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 4:17 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Same problem here, I put in a support ticket for it on the evening of the 1st Jan, as soon as I noticed stuff I played on NYE was coming at the bottom of my list and checked the dates showing. Database is gonna be totally screwed by the time a fix comes along tho !

Inviato Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 4:59 pm
Don't know about you guys, but FirstPlay / LastPlay aren't big deals for me; FirstSeen is critical!
I'll have to edit those after the fix...

Inviato Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 5:24 pm
Doubt they will update version 7 for something like that.

Inviato Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 5:46 pm
I would think they have too. That's a major bug.

Inviato Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 6:21 pm
Last Play is critical to me because it's that field that decides how high up the list a track appears when searching or viewing folders if set that way.
It is true tho that they may not fix it, which will be a real bummer cause I'm not sure I wanna be forced to upgrade just yet,

Inviato Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 9:21 pm
djkrysr wrote :
Same problem here, I put in a support ticket for it on the evening of the 1st Jan, as soon as I noticed stuff I played on NYE was coming at the bottom of my list and checked the dates showing. Database is gonna be totally screwed by the time a fix comes along tho !

any word back regarding that support ticket?

Inviato Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 2:46 am
The support ticket is still listed as "in processing", but no reply as to whether they will fix it or not at this point, I will post as soon as I hear anything either way.

Inviato Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 4:26 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I would think they would be fixing it considering it says this on the downloads page:
"If you prefer to use the tried and true, and don't mind not having the latest features, VirtualDJ 7 engine has been in use for more than 15 years, and is considered to be the most stable DJ software in the industry. "

Inviato Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 7:21 pm
Just had reply to my ticket today from VDJ

"Hi,
welcome to Atomix Virtualdj customer support.
it will be my duty to bring his report an our programming team.
The state that the version 7 is out of development for which we can not guarantee no update.
Just simply use the version 8

Best regards,
Atomix Customer Support"

So that appears to be that, upgrade or bin it :(

Inviato Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 11:54 am
Saying that they "can't guarantee an update" does NOT mean it'll never happen!

Out of interest, why are you guys still using 7? Have you even tried 8?

Inviato Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 10:43 pm
Fair question. Yes, but have a custom skin I wrote on 7. Doesn't work on 8.
Always known I had to move over eventually, but don't like being essentially shut down on the old version.

Inviato Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 11:04 pm
A patch has been made, is currently under QA testing, and should be available very soon.

(the sourcecode in question actually had a comment saying: "note: will bug in 2016", and was written around 2001, at that time VirtualDJ was still a small software and the developer didn't imagine the code would still be in use by millions of DJs 15 years later ;)

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 11:34 am
Thanks so much for this reply. I tinkered with 8 yesterday and it shows that I would have some major tweaking to do to get over to it entirely. I can't get it run on my tower at all (just a gray screen), and on my laptop it crashes when I attempt to use my Behringer controller, a native device.
Will probably buy new lappy and start the whole thing from scratch, but I have some major gigs coming up and really can't devote that much time to it right now.
How will we know it's available? Will you post something in the forum?
Thanks again!!

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 11:52 am
mcs1234 wrote :

How will we know it's available? Will you post something in the forum?
Thanks again!!

go to your account. Click on the top "My Account" and select My Licenses. All version that you are entitled are there.

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 4:09 pm
Pro Infinity member here. Waiting to get 7.4.7 for the fix.
"My Licenses" still shows 7.4.6 as the most recent to download.
How do you get 7.4.7? ... (or will it just show up there?)

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 4:17 pm
yes it will show up there when the testing phase is done.

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 4:23 pm
K, thx!

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 4:25 pm
mcs1234 wrote :
a custom skin I wrote on 7. Doesn't work on 8.

In what way does it not work?

Most VDJ 7 code should be compatible with VDJ 8. The vast majority of VDJ 7 skins (and even older ones) work fine in VDJ 8.

Obviously the further back you go in "skin time" the less likely it will work 100% with 8 - but for the most part backward compatibility is good.

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 7:00 pm
48%