Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: hdmi output?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm using VDJ for Karaoke and until now used the usb output to vga to an old monitor.

I now want to use the HDMI output to an LCD tv from my Lenovo laptop using Windows 8.1.

I can only see the laptop screen on the tv but not just the lyrics screen? Can you help?

Thanks,

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 12:08 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are you still using the VGA along with the HDMI, or just the HDMI?
Do you have the second display set to extended?
When you enable the video output on VDJ, did you drag the output window to the desired monitor and double click it to full screen?
On the default skin I believe you can right click and pick the desired output.

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 12:22 pm
blckjck wrote :
Are you still using the VGA along with the HDMI, or just the HDMI?
Do you have the second display set to extended?
When you enable the video output on VDJ, did you drag the output window to the desired monitor and double click it to full screen?
On the default skin I believe you can right click and pick the desired output.

Just using the hdmi lead on its own at the moment.

What do you mean by " enable the video output on VDJ"?

When I double click, I just get a small video window open .

Basically all I am seeing on the tv is the laptop screen (ie all vdj windowsetc)

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 12:36 pm
sounds like you have your ext display set to duplicate, you need to change this in windows settings to extend.
hope that helps
ray

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 12:54 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
kenjackson30 wrote :
What do you mean by " enable the video output on VDJ"?

When I double click, I just get a small video window open .

First, are you seeing both screens with the same or is just the external on and the laptop is blank?
The small video window from VDJ can be dragged to the other monitor when it is set to extended output.

I got this from another website.
"After you plug in your second monitor or connect a projector, you can choose your screen options.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Devices.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Devices.)

2.Tap or click Project, and then choose one of these options:

• PC screen only. You’ll see everything on your PC. (When you're connected to a wireless projector, this option changes to Disconnect.)
• Duplicate. You’ll see the same things on both screens.
• Extend. You'll see everything spread over both screens, and you can drag and move items between the two.
• Second screen only. You’ll see everything on the connected screen. Your other screen will be blank.
"

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 12:57 pm
blckjck wrote :
[
First, are you seeing both screens with the same or is just the external on and the laptop is blank?
The small video window from VDJ can be dragged to the other monitor when it is set to extended output.
"

Thanks for all the replies, I am currently seeing laptop and external screen showing exactly the same display.

I will try the changes in the laptop later this evening when I am home.

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 1:30 pm
Thanks everybody for the help, all sorted now.

It was the extended view setting on the laptop that needed changing for the HDMI output.

Inviato Fri 04 Mar 16 @ 9:33 am
I’m using a Windows 10 laptop, VDJ 8, and hdmi output to an hdmi audio extractor then to an hdmi splitter to two 50 inch TVs via hdmi cables.

I can’t get my videos or karaoke to my two TVs. I’ve tried duplicating and extending the image and neither works.

When I extend, the VDJ program shows on the two TVs but I can’t raise the program on my laptop. It’s only visible in the tray.

When I duplicate, it’s not possible to drag the video screen over to the TVs.

Inviato Mon 05 Mar 18 @ 3:37 am
1. Why the HDMI audio extractor? Go directly to the splitter. It indeed should be set to extend not duplicate. Identify your monitors, and set your laptop as your main monitor. You should be good to go.

Inviato Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 9:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)