Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pulselocker - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Serato sure likes taking VDJ ideas. Sometimes they even take user-submitted feature request and implement them.....

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 12:59 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 1:05 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Being an audio company, they didn't spend much time (if any) on the audio of that video... Tons of air and echo...

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 1:31 pm
I think VD should rob Traktor of their remix decks feature...lol...

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 2:54 pm
I've tried out Pulse Locker and I will say this, every track was always high quality where as with VDJ, if there music supplier doesn't have it you can get a shitty quality track from YouTube or where ever.

PulseLocker isn't that bad.

Just another feature they stole and did better.

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 3:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats a rather odd comparison to make.

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 6:24 pm
Pulselocker was first launched in 2012. I think Content Unlimited was 2013.

It's nothing to do with Serato. It was formed by a guy who was in Dirty Vegas and a guy who worked for Pacha.

They already teamed up with (in their latest incarnation) PCDJ months ago, before Serato.

Existing thread from last year here

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 6:28 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Thats a rather odd comparison to make.

You might not agree with the comparison but truth is in the statement about serato taking VDJ features and User submitted request, that you guys say dont make sense or we just chose not, and give it to their users and all their users love it.

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 10:11 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If that a Pipe line to apple that will be COOL. CU need some help with R&B and Rap

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 1:38 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
You might not agree with the comparison

Huey was comparing a track that wasn't part of CU - and is clearly shown as such so the user can make their own decision and saying that was worse than getting no results at all (which is what happens if PL doesn't have a track). This is clearly a terrible comparison to make.

Djratedxxx919 wrote :
but truth is in the statement about serato taking VDJ features and User submitted request, that you guys say dont make sense or we just chose not, and give it to their users and all their users love it.

I think you have your rose tinted specs on.

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 1:15 pm
Well for some it might be good but id rather have quality over quantity.

Another good example of how they did it 'better' is with the saved loops.

They have have slots and its pretty much 2 clicks and the the loop is saved where as with VDJ, there's only 1 slot on the skin.

So now i have to go in and redo a skin then figure out scripts and the comes the mapping this all to a controller and hope it all works.

Entirely to much work.

Another comparison would with Mix Emergency and their transitions and video fx's, its really no comparison. ME fx's and transitions are just flat out better. And yeah I know its a Mac only plugin but that doesn't matter to me.

Quality over Quantity any day of the week Scott.

I might bitch alot and you guys clearly are sick of hearing me but its only for the better in my worthless opinion. I'd love to use VDJ and only VDJ but as it stands right now that ain't gonna happen until some things are brought up to par.......which you have said are coming but I'm the type of guy who lives by 'i can show you better then I can tell you'.......

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 3:02 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Well for some it might be good but id rather have quality over quantity.

But the official CU content is great quality - and is available in more formats, for example VJPro video. Your comparison was to compare Netsearch to Pulselocker which I stand by being a silly comparison.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Another good example of how they did it 'better' is with the saved loops.

They have have slots and its pretty much 2 clicks and the the loop is saved where as with VDJ, there's only 1 slot on the skin.

Our saved loops also have slots exactly the same as Serato - except you're not limited in number and they can be named rather than numbered too. They are lacking on the default skin admittedly but then we all know you don't use the default skin ever :p

beatbreaker1 wrote :
So now i have to go in and redo a skin then figure out scripts and the comes the mapping this all to a controller and hope it all works.

Entirely to much work.

Use a skin that has the slots already, or use some custom buttons. Controllers that have saved loop pads will already have the mapping. If that controller doesn't, then it's not difficult to map. saved_loop 1, saved_loop 2, saved_loop 3 (if you have a skin with the slots on you can even use action learn). Or just buy a controller that already has saved loop pads.

It's not anywhere near as much work as you make it out to be.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Another comparison would with Mix Emergency and their transitions and video fx's, its really no comparison. ME fx's and transitions are just flat out better. And yeah I know its a Mac only plugin but that doesn't matter to me.

Some are, some aren't - I have transitions and effects available to me that can't be accomplished on ME. I also have replicated a whole bunch of MEs FX and transitions too which I may be gradually releasing in the future.

From my perspective Huey you'll never be happy.

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 4:46 pm
"you'll never be happy......"

Now that is funny Scott considering I've been asking for the same 2 things for the last 2/3 years and that's pretty much it!!

1) Post fade fx's (with a hack I do have them now but loose the use of my headphones)

2) Quality VIDEO fx's & transitions

And ill add a thrid but we could throw it in with the fx's, QTZ file support.

Everything that I think is wrong with VDJ I've found a work around for or I just deal with it.

I get it, this is your work and when people such as myself attack your work you take it personal but yall are gonna have to put your personal feelings aside because its definitely starting to show in your responses.

So ill say it again, VDJ IS AN AWESOME PIECE OF SOFTWARE AND I USE IT EVERYDAY AND FOR MOST OF MY GIGS!!

What I'm saying is that there are things that could/should be simplified and more quality put into the area of fx's/transitions (video is what I'm talking about)......

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 5:40 pm
I thought this was a thread about Pulselocker...

:-)

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 7:30 pm
Cool down, please.

I don't think that they have done saved loops better. Okay, the "new" feature isn't supported by the Standard VDJ8 skin, shame on VDJ-DEVs. Agree. But on the other side it is not as tricky as you wrote and some of the newer skins will support this. For mappings take a look here in my blog e.g.:
http://www.virtualdj.com/user/music234/blogs/5367/Saved_loop_mapping_on_VCI_400.html

Compare netsearch results with pulselocker is simply wrong imo. please compare CU with pulselocker and you'll see that the quality is definive not as poor as you mentioned.

If post fader effects and some visuals the only thing to be done, time will tell us.

I "feel" there's something like a bigger update is on the way; last update of VDJ 8.1. is weeks ago, so let's wait and see.

Don't let this be misunderstood. I know you as a "power-user" of VDJ, but if discussions went into personal attacks, it's simply the wrong way. Imo it's wrong to attack somebody else his work. If you don't like it, don't use it. Period.

And this is a topic about pulselocker...

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 7:41 pm
Agreed, but I don't take it personally and I'm always on the look out for new things and ways to improve things. I only really responded to the thread to point out the flawed comparison.

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 9:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

It'll be a game of copycat on everything except that which has a granted patent, for a patent you need originality.

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 11:03 pm
It looks like Pulselocker so far is pretty much unuseable

Luckily we got Content Unlimited :)

Inviato Thu 05 May 16 @ 10:29 pm
I guess you could say he loves Serato, so not a VDJ fanboy. I just had to laugh, he was struggling to find the words, but couldn't. It was actually quite funny. At least he was honest. So, how much does that service cost?

Inviato Fri 06 May 16 @ 11:22 pm
It's $20 per month (£20 in the UK) for the "professional" version - the one required to use it with DJ software.

Personally I think it's a reasonable price, if it didn't have all the issues mentioned in the video.

I kindly sent the link to Pulselocker's Twitter account yesterday. :-)

It does make you wonder why the likes of Serato and Pioneer have signed up to use this service. Did they not try it out and see how bad it was?

Inviato Sat 07 May 16 @ 9:40 am
95%