Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there a "record" button for Virtual Dj 8?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

nickedenControlleristMember since 2016
Hi. I just downloaded and bought the full version of Virtual DJ 8 and I can't find the record button. I was really looking forward to start recording my sets, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 10:13 pm
on the default skin switch the mixer center panel to master as in this pic and you will see the record button

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 10:15 pm
Or use a custom button beside one of your decks and just type in 'record'..... Then you don't have to switch panels. You can even make it blink when its recording.

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 3:36 am
hi there
i really cant see the record button
can anyone help please
would really appreciate it

Inviato Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 12:20 am
i cant find the default skin either sorry lad

Inviato Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 12:21 am
with a bit of a nightmare
i found it
thxssss lad

Inviato Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 12:26 am
scottnlaControlleristMember since 2017
Where did u find record button etc. nothing I've read on this forum applies to what I'm seeing??
I can get there thru settings but? Why isn't it on console?
Switch to master the I LOSE my gain bars??
How do I just have a record button?

Inviato Tue 16 May 17 @ 1:13 am
scottnla wrote :
Switch to master the I LOSE my gain bars??
How do I just have a record button?

Just switch back after you hit record, before you start playing
If you are using default record settings it won't start recording before you press play

Inviato Tue 16 May 17 @ 5:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can also assign a custom button as .. record , and have it always on sight regardless the center mixer panel, to start/stop recording.

Inviato Tue 16 May 17 @ 11:41 am
@wickedmix
“on the default skin switch the mixer center panel to master as in this pic and you will see the record button.” This does not really explain it well.

You “switch” by “clicking” or "tapping" on where it says “MASTER.”

You have already switched “as in this pic.” You should first, have shown it as it was before the switch.
…“as in this pic” shows a very big screenshot of what is a part of the “default skin.” Therefore the “MASTER” button is very easy to see. Your PC screen must be over 20 inches to get it that big or it was enlarged with a software. Mine is about 15 inches which means the letters or characters are very small. So, I have to squint to see (by chance) the “MIXER” button on top of the volume level bars (Blue – on the left and Red on the right). The level bars are in between the turntables. I think they form part of the mixer.

Now, to everyone that is finding it difficult to locate the recording button. Follow the level bars upwards. On top of the Blue one, you see “VIDEO.” To the right of the video is “SCRATCH”, then “MASTER”. Click or tap on it and you will see what “wickedmix” shows on his/her(?) screenshot. To switch back to mixing interface, click or tap on the "MIXER" button. Kapish? Simples. Lol.

Inviato Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 5:30 pm

Inviato Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 5:34 pm
Must have been really busy, to reopen this thread.

Inviato Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 9:22 pm
how can I map a button to blink on my controller while its recording, for example I maped the panel select button on my pioneer ddj sz to start recording and to stop recording when I press it, it does have an Led so I want to make it blink when its recording

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 3:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
apparently you have assigned the button as ... record
Change that to ... record && record ? blink : off

If that doesnt work, you will need to find and assign the LED_PANEL (if the PANEL is the button you mapped) and assign as .. record ? blink : off

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 5:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)