Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RR - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Pioneers upgrade to the DDJ SR, although it's essentially a rekordbox controller, so far with no mention of supporting other apps.

This controller seems to correct all of the issues I had with the SR, by adding needle search, AC power, XLR outputs and an inner jogwheel display.

I'd say this is the best/most fully featured 2 deck controller I've seen to date.

The question is will it play nice with VDJ/Serato or will they release a separate version (SR2?) for Serato (that's midi enabled for VDJ/Traktor)...

Inviato Mon 02 May 16 @ 10:10 pm
gstribPRO InfinityMember since 2010
bagpuss wrote :

The question is will it play nice with VDJ/Serato or will they release a separate version (SR2?) for Serato (that's midi enabled for VDJ/Traktor)...

I don't think that they will allow a version to play nice with other software. The reason I think this is because they have be trying to make the move to having their own of everything, including software. If support does come for this controller then it will come from third party individuals who make mappers for the various softwares...

Inviato Tue 03 May 16 @ 12:03 am
That Sucks, was looking into getting one of these, I won't bother if it's not VDJ compatible...

Inviato Tue 03 May 16 @ 3:11 pm
It may be at some point but certainly not soon. It's been taking some time to map Pioneer controllers (if at all) due to them locking or hiding protocols so it's a case of getting something else for use with VDJ or getting the RR and changing software.

Sadly that's the way it's going. Will be interesting to see if they release an "open" version of this or just keep the newest and best locked to their crappy software.

Inviato Tue 03 May 16 @ 3:19 pm

I think they're going to make everyone wait, in the hope that people will 'try' their software and retain a marketshare of the software market, they know that most will not abandon their current software of choice, so it should just be a matter of time until they play nice, it's annoying as I need to make a purchase soon and this unit is the best fit for me on the hardware level.

Inviato Tue 03 May 16 @ 6:44 pm
I use the Numark NV and its really good. I was thinking about buying the DDJ SR but, its Usb Powered. I preffer a controller with a power supply. The DDJ RR looks nice but, I would like to test it first before I decide on buying one.

Inviato Wed 04 May 16 @ 5:36 am
Well... If you want this controller to be supported soon then go at Pioneer website / forums and repeat your comments there! So that they know they're loosing customers because they "lock" their controllers abilities... ;)

Inviato Wed 04 May 16 @ 12:53 pm

I already have and a teamer said "The RR series is made specifically for Rekordbox" - I hope this means there will be an SR2 or a version that'll be mappable to 3rd party software. If they don't do this, they're taking a very big gamble on a very elementary piece of software.

Inviato Wed 04 May 16 @ 1:18 pm
And isolating themselves from a huge part of the market. Serato is the "Apple" of DJ software at the moment and they want Rekordbox to be the same.

The fact their products are really expensive is an issue to a lot of people, and locking down their controllers will just make it worse.

I sold my DDJ-SX2 and got another new DN-MC6000 as a spare. At least I know it works with VDJ 100% and it's a far better sounding controller anyway.

Inviato Wed 04 May 16 @ 1:21 pm
Hooked this up to VDJ and I must say I was very impressed! Kudo's for the VDJ team. The standard support for it is great.

Thing to watch for : At first I could not get the sound of the TRS-jacks (has a seperate booth volume knob) turns out the RR has 6 channels! So if you hook your speaker up to the booth output (the TRS plugs) then set it to send master to channel 5 & 6, click Apply and voila :-)

Great feature also is the support of the aux in :-) You can either bypass the software (in case of emergency) or use the it as an aux in VDJ with filters eq etc applied.

Once again very happy how fully VDJ supports this controller.

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 12:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 1:34 pm

This is looking like my next controller, going to retire the MC6000 (bought in 2011).

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 6:00 pm
Only one mic input with no EQ on it. Not really anywhere close to the MC6000.

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 6:06 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Only one mic input with no EQ on it. Not really anywhere close to the MC6000.

The 6000 is more of an all rounder, where the RR is more about controllerism, I'm not worried as I'll be pairing it with a DJM900.

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 7:12 pm
Hi, ich habe eine DDJ RR und finde bei Virtual DJ keine passende Skin.
Kann mir jemand helfen??? Bitte
Benütze bereits Virtual DJ 8 Vollversion

LG DJWOIFERL

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 16 @ 3:53 pm
rrrichieXL wrote :
Hooked this up to VDJ and I must say I was very impressed! Kudo's for the VDJ team. The standard support for it is great.

Thing to watch for : At first I could not get the sound of the TRS-jacks (has a seperate booth volume knob) turns out the RR has 6 channels! So if you hook your speaker up to the booth output (the TRS plugs) then set it to send master to channel 5 & 6, click Apply and voila :-)

Great feature also is the support of the aux in :-) You can either bypass the software (in case of emergency) or use the it as an aux in VDJ with filters eq etc applied.

Once again very happy how fully VDJ supports this controller.

No sound in Booth Output DDJ RR. Help me please! Could you solve it? Thanks !

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 6:58 pm
djedgarcalvo wrote :

No sound in Booth Output DDJ RR. Help me please! Could you solve it? Thanks !

did you turn up the booth Volume KNOB?

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 8:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 5:46 am
Thanks!

Inviato Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 7:57 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
How the mic sound on the DDj-RR ? I have a DDJ-sx-2 & it's OK with the 3band EQ

Inviato Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 9:29 pm
83%