Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ddjsx

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Lads at a gig and pop up to sign in controller.never have to normally do this and dont have net on.laptop why is this happening

Inviato Sat 21 May 16 @ 2:30 pm
Any answer from admin even please.
Surely to go after all the updates i shoukdnt have to log in to use my ddjsx after months of not having to

Inviato Sat 21 May 16 @ 3:12 pm
Who is asking you to sign in, Virtual DJ or Your controller? What is the exact message you are getting?

Inviato Sun 22 May 16 @ 7:55 am
Aftet 20 mins a pop up asking to purchase vdj or log in to vdj.
Though once you set it up online once that was it.only for i had vd7 on second laptop i was screwed

Inviato Sun 22 May 16 @ 12:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it asks you to log in, one of three things happened:
-The documents\virtualdj folder with your settings and license got deleted
-You got a popup to log in while the laptop was connected to the internet, but you didn't log in again at that time
-You pressed 'log out' from the license tab

Inviato Sun 22 May 16 @ 12:30 pm
Or, he opened VDJ on a third computer.

Inviato Sun 22 May 16 @ 9:08 pm
So basically if im at home and turn on laptop and it connects to internet and i gig next night ill have to log in but at gigs i dont have internet.
This seems silly to me once i have and paid for my license (years an avid pro user) i shouldnt get locked out of my system

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 5:39 pm
This has all been explained over and over, so many times before, in lots of threads!

The only way VDJ can check your login status is if you allow it internet access.

Once you log in, a license file is created. Take a backup of it, and keep it somewhere convenient. That file won't get deleted unless you log out, or unless VDJ has internet access and discovers (when it starts up) that you logged in on another machine.

If VDJ can't access the internet, it can't check to see if you logged in on another machine. It will also use the license file that should be still there from before.

It will only ask you to login if it doesn't find the license file, or if it has internet access and discovers that you logged into another PC.

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 6:23 pm
Ive only recently start using vdj8 and had no need to be on threads to see the various posts.
So basically i turn off wifi ect on gig machine and i wont ever have to log in again.
Also where is the log in file.
I was of the concern once you loghed your device on for first time it would stay that way.
So what can i do to prevent cheers for reply

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 6:37 pm
The file is called license.dat and is in the Virtual DJ directory (under My Documents) along with all the other important stuff.

Each file is specific to that computer, so you can't use the same file on another computer. Just keep a copy of it in another place, so you can put it back there if you ever do find it missing.

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:20 pm
Brilliant thank you.so basically i keep a cop anf i ever get this again i drag drop copy back to diectory withing vdj folder like xml files ect

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djstaffy wrote :
So basically if im at home and turn on laptop and it connects to internet and i gig next night ill have to log in but at gigs i dont have internet.
This seems silly to me once i have and paid for my license (years an avid pro user) i shouldnt get locked out of my system

As has been said above, it won't ask you to log in, unless:

* You removed the license files
* You have clicked log out at some point
* You have logged in on more than 2 computers, or 2 software versions (v7, v8) at once

You are allowed 2 concurrent logins. If you then log in on a third then the oldest previous log in will be removed. When VDJ on that (now removed) machine next connects to the internet it will check it's license status and then ask you to log in.

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:59 pm
Hey pal no defo did not log out.
Also not on 3 machines.
And in backup i only use 7.4.
Im recalling friday night and only gig laptop on and wifi probably connected but did not log out

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 8:24 pm
This happened to me some time ago when I arrived at a gig and I had to go out on the street and use my phone as a modem to connect and log in.

Hasn't happened since. Probably just a glitch somewhere.

Inviato Mon 23 May 16 @ 8:41 pm
Luck kradclife i knew chap at gig and he gave me password to offices wifi.

Inviato Tue 24 May 16 @ 8:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)