Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Script for DDJ-SX2 effects ON buttons

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,

I just connected my DDJ-SX and I'm having some issues.

1. First issue

The first effects button (FX1_1_ON) for the left deck turns on the effect in the window and when shift is held, you can change the effect with the button. This is the script

var '$fx2multi' ? var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 active : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1 active : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 active : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 active : deck right effect 1 active : var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect active : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect active : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect active var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect active : deck right effect active

The first effect button on the second deck acts the same. The second and third effect buttons for each deck don't control anything. I tried a simple scripts like:

effect_active 1 'flanger' on
effect_active 1

Nothing happens when pressed.

2. Second Issue

I changed the Slip/Vinyl button to Scratch/Vinyl and now it no longer is lit during any mode.

Can you help? Thanks

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 1:42 am
From this page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PDFManuals.html download the operation manual for your unit:
SX: http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Pioneer%20DDJ-SX%20VirtualDJ%20Operation%20Guide.pdf
SX2: http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Pioneer%20DDJ-SX2%20VirtualDJ%20Operation%20Guide.pdf
Read pages 10, 11 and 12 that describe how effects work.
Both units offer 2 "modes" for the effects: Single (which is the default) where each FX Unit controls one single effect, and Multi where each FX unit controls 3 different effects.

On "Single" mode the buttons and sliders 2 & 3 work only if an effect offers such parameters (not all effects offer 2 or 3 switches or knobs / parameters)

For the SLIP/VINYL:

What changes did you made ? By default "vinyl mode" is assigned on SHIFT+SLIP on SX2.
If you changed the SLIP button to become "vinyl_mode" it should work as well. However you also need to change the LED_SLIP element to "vinyl_mode" in order to get the led working as in the default mapper it uses it's own action. You can also erase the LED_SLIP element completely. In that case the led will use the code of the button.

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 7:59 am
Thanks for your quick response. I did check out the manual and I'm using the Single FX mode. My issue is when I press the FX (2 or 3) On button for both decks, no effect is activated. I haven't made any changes to the scripts. As far as the Slip/Vinyl button, I'll try that today.

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:40 pm
Yes, no effect is activated because you are on SINGLE effect mode
Press SHIFT+TAP button to switch to multi FX mode for the other buttons to activate more effects

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:46 pm
Oh OK. I'll try that also. Thanks again.

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:17 pm
1. For the Slip button LED issue I changed to "vinyl_mode" for the SLIP_LED and that worked, thanks!

2. For the FX issue I switched to Multi FX mode with Shift + Tap. The FX On button 1 is fine for FX1 and FX2. When I press the FX On button 2 or 3 for FX1 or FX2 the buttons are lit but nothing activates while song is playing. I noticed two things:

a. I switched to 2-deck mode in the skin and expanded the Effect section to see the three slots. When I pressed the button FX button 2 or 3 the effect in the Slot2 or Slot3 in the drop down boxes doesn't highlight or change the effect when Shift is held.

b. When I click the drop down arrow in the Effects box in 4-deck mode the Effects menu appears and I click the FX On button 1. I can see the radio button to the left of the effect turn green. Repeatedly pressing the FX button 1 button turns the radio button green/off in the drop down menu.

When I try this with FX On button 2 and 3 it works the same way. The problem is there is no way to see which effect you are choosing when you hold Shift + FX On in this mode.

Any way around this?

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 3:20 am
Rolle1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
What's up arzee1 did anyone answer your question on the effects? I have been trying to figure that out myself.

Inviato Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 5:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)