Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: .vdjsample is limited and fixed to low quality 160 kbs OGG - why no FLAC is possible?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SlolyHome userMember since 2015
Recently I discovered how to create my own Sampler/Instruments Loops as .vdjsample which is cool and fun and actually works.

2 things came to my attention:

* Pre-made loops which are cut exactly at Beat-boundary lead to a jump of the red triangle in the sample editor not behind the last beat, but onto the beginning of the last beat, so this beat is skipped. Workaround: I have to append in an external wave editor 50ms silence to the sample loop to be able to place the red triangle behind the last beat.

* the .vdjsample is always reencoded and limited and fixed to low quality 160 kbs OGG. Why?
My music is FLAC, but the sample loops are always re-encoded to 160 kbs OGG, even the self made ones, so I hear the degraded quality.
The loops are so short - WAV or FLAC .vdjsample files would not fill size-wise today's hard-disks in a noticeable way, but the sound quality would be much more professional.

Any plans on changing the hard coded settings ?

Inviato Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 12:16 pm
search samplerExportLossless in options and set it to YES

your set

Inviato Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 3:06 pm
SlolyHome userMember since 2015
Yes, that was the setting I needed to set.
It works as expected! Deleted and re-created my loops.
Thank you so much for your lightning fast help on Sundays!

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 2:35 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)