Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: a cautionary tale: how to force a crash in b3286

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

delete a 7 effect from an effect slot and ignore the 'file is open warning' = crash

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 7:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have more specific information?
How did you delete the effect? Which effect did you use?

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 9:08 am
after re-installing after one of the other issues with effect slots to make sure it wasn't my computer or a bad download etc, while re-installing effects I managed to put a bunch of 7 effects back in - and they don't play well with VDJ 8, or 8.1... but surprisingly some do with 8.2. while testing them out I found some that just wouldn't work. the first one I just right clicked on and hit delete and it said it was open still and to close and try again... well... I didn't wait and clicked try again. cause i'm silly like that. but found that it was a fairly sure-fire way to crash it as far as specific plug-ins? i honestly lost track after gleefully making it crash a few times. but any of the older 7 audio and video plug-ins that didn't work were what i was deleting.

and with testing just now i managed to make it go unstable and crash. to be fair i just downloaded and installed Outline video plug-in and deleted it while it was in the effect slot - and it went unstable and crashed when i forced it.

but there was a difference.. with the 7 plug ins deleting and crashing it didn't restart most of the time. with the 8 plugin it did restart. weird.

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 9:39 am
same issue here! Loaded song on deck 1 and while playing i activated 8 sound effects then i went to delete one of the active effects. Instant crash....

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 5:26 pm
After looking more into this even with 2,3 effects on, once you try to delete an effect it will crash as soon as you press try again at the windows prompt message... so so far 2 issues with the effects on this version...

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 7:55 pm
Adion: to me this isn't so much a bug as it is being able to force an instability in the system
and a caution - "don't try this at home, at a gig, or pretty much ever."

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 8:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Acknowledged. A fix will be provided soon.

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 11:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)