Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 19" Rack mount controller, any ideas?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jamesv1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi Guys

I have been using Numark DMC2 controllers for years. They were discontinued a while ago and good ones just can't be found here in the UK.

I need a suitable replacement of the same size to do the same things, again I just can't find anything.

These are ideal for the type of gigs I do, so please no comments about them being basic and not the best controllers.

Any ideas anybody?

Inviato Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 11:28 am
I don't think any manufacturer makes 19" rack mount DJ controllers any more, so it'll either mean second hand or time to change.

Denon HC4500 is the daddy (or was, when this type of unit was popular). You might still be able to find one new.

If not, there should be lots of used ones around, because they were ubiquitous at one time. Another you might be able to pick up used is the PCDJ DAC 3.

Inviato Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 11:40 am
hi,
i'm using the american dj DP2 is a 19" controller , with VDJ 7, and a good work with the VJ8, it is also discontinued by AA, but is very useful.

i can not find a replacement on the same size,

good luck,

GK

Inviato Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 4:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Inviato Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 5:39 am
Also Denon MC6000MK2 is rackmount (it offers a rackmount kit inside it's box)
You will have to remove the silver plastic modules on it's sides and screw the rackmount kit on their place.

It's an "all-in-one" controller though...

Edit: As far as I know HC5000 has been discontinued by Denon ages ago. HC4500 was still available for purchase by Denon until a few months ago.
So, even if now as we speak HC4500 is a "legacy" product your chances to find a brand new unit in good price are better. Also it means that HC4500 is by far a more supported product (you can find parts e.t.c.) than HC5000 ever was.

Inviato Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 6:52 am
It's already been said, but the HC4500 is really good. Built like a tank and works perfectly with VDJ8. (I use one myself in my backup rig)

Inviato Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 6:58 am
Wow the MC6000 MK. My next one.

Thx

Inviato Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 11:44 pm
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
None of the current rack mount controllers have in your face data displays. I still rock my DMC2 at every gig.

Inviato Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 6:58 pm
Following this thread as I still using my DMC2 :-)
but thinking of revamping my whole system again..

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 4:52 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Also Denon MC6000MK2 is rackmount (it offers a rackmount kit inside it's box)
You will have to remove the silver plastic modules on it's sides and screw the rackmount kit on their place.

Can I correct you on that George, what you are referring to above is the Denon MC6000 Mk1.

The Denon MC6000 Mk2 does not have the rackmount kit supplied. I know, I bought one last week. The Mk2 also has black plastic sides which can be removed to fit rackmount 'ears'. I still have my Mk1, I haven't tried, but, I've read somewhere that the same rack 'ears' from the Mk1 should fit the Mk2.

Inviato Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 9:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)