Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best laptop.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

tomWGCPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I currently have a laptop with Windows xp, I have a bad crackling noise and not able to record, I have been told the laptop is dated, is this the case and if so what is a safe laptop.? Does it have to be a Mac? Would a 2010 Mac be okay or can I use a new laptop with Windows 10?

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 8:39 pm
There is no best laptop. It's personal preference and finding something that matches your spec requirements and budget.

Do a forum search as this question gets asked at least 3 times a week and has been commented on to death.

Inviato Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 8:55 pm
Thank you,

Have done, as I only do it in my spare time and just looking to record the odd set now and then I am going to go out and have a look at laptops, have taken note of the spec people have recommended,

O let other question is, will this solve my crackling issues coming through the speakers.?
And with my current laptop, (a dell Inspiron 15) I can't even seem to set up the recording function.

Thanks again.

Inviato Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 8:12 am
The crackling is a latency issue, so yes a new machine will generally not have that problem.

Inviato Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 8:30 am
Hi.

Right so a new machine has been purchased and all the problems seem to be sorted. My only issue now is once I have made a recording and listen back it seems I can hear myself cueing the next song etc, there seems to be both decks always recording regardless of the volume.
I use the volume to cue the music rather than the cross fader. However same problem regardless what I use,
I expect it's a mixer issue but cat put my finger on it.
I have a djm 600.
Thanks again.

Inviato Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 9:02 pm
tomWGC wrote :

I have a djm 600.

So presumably you're using an external mixer audio config in VDJ?

This is why you're having problems. VDJ's internal recording records from the output of the software mixer. If you're using an external mixer then you need to record from the output of that, because that's where you're doing the mixing.

Inviato Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 9:14 pm
Thank you,
I will have a look tomorrow, I'm using my djm 600 with phonos plugged straight into the mixing on the record out connection.
I'll have a look tomorrow see if I'm missing somthing.

Inviato Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 9:41 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I have used audacity as program number two (beside vdj), to use for recording with that kind of setup before.
I used an external soundcard to put the soundsignal back into the computer.

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 7:16 am
You can try put the main channel with the mixer sound card and other cue channel go through by headset so you can separate it into Chanel 1,2 and Channel 3,4.

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 10:46 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The connection of software within the operating system seems to be an area where Linux is so much better than Windows. Linux has JACK which is a software app enabling the routing of the output/input of an app to further apps. Basically it's like moving the wires on hardware around.
This might be a significant reason why musicians are becoming increasingly fond of Linux. Not all Linux applications are free, there are high quality and expensive DAWs.

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 1:34 pm
Thanks for all your help,
I don't really understand all this that much,
I only use my decks at home and I am trying to record a few mixes for my wedding coming up,
I can still hear the music cueing when j play the recording back.
I have had a play, and under setting, audio, then drop down to record I did have line in, mic bla bla bla which when on that setting the sound was perfect but just needed to sort the cueing issue. Now I have had a play I have lost that in the drop down and now only have Realtek high Def audio, which is recording fro the laptop mic and sounds crap. I'm pulling my hair out, surly it's all something simple to someone who know.

Thanks

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 8:01 pm
Ignore that last message,
I have since sorted, I still have this ongoing problem of being able to hear the song I'm cueing when listening to the recorded set.

If someone could explain what I am doing wrong in the most simplest way as it all seems to go over my head.

Thank you

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 8:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)