Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: We need HELP with Pioneer Controllers - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I am experiencing a problem with VDJ 8.2.3311 and my new Pioneer DDJ - SZ. I replaced my macbook pro. ( 2.2 I7 16g ram 512 ss hard drive Retina display) I replaced the controller and reinstalled VDJ 8.2 .3311. I have replaced all cables. I have had the same problem.

Basically at one point (sometimes sooner sometimes later) in the gig I have short breaks (the audio can't be heard anymore) while playing a song. These short gaps have arround 1 to 3 second . These stops are happening on different songs, not on the same song and sometime I have these breaks after one or two hours of mixing and sometime after 6-7 hours.
I have had this problem in different locations with both set-ups:

I can't seem to figure out what is the problem what cause these random glitches.
Another thing, after these short breaks, everything is working fine, without any kind of problem for the rest of the gig.

Also I had updated to 8.2.3343 and I thought it was a problem with that version. So I went back down to 8.2.3311 and it seemed to get a little better but not stop. I was not having this problems with 8.1

Also my waveforms are very jittery.

Can someone please help me figure this out I'm afraid I'm going to start losing Events due to this. I really do not want to go back to Serato. Virtual DJ offers so much more
Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 12:44 pm

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 6:24 am
Okay we completely deleted virtual DJ and anything that went with it We've reloaded the software with the new license that came with the controller. and the jittery waveforms and the random Dropouts continues.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 6:26 am

I have copied some of the other posts that are related to the same problem

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 6:37 am

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 6:38 am

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 6:38 am

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 6:39 am
so can someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 6:40 am
Okay I just went through 13 pages of forums and I counted 15 different posts with the same issue jittery waveforms sound dropouts and controllers not working correctly but the last 3 times I've asked about it I get no one else is having this problem, or you need to give us more information, or Buy a powered USB hub. I don't know what else you need. I have 8 DJs that work for me. 3 of them have the DDJ SZ and now only one is still willing to try virtual DJ The others have all went back to serato. We have done everything you've asked to fix the problems and nothing seems to be working. I was at the point where I was going to buy the DDJ SZ but I canceled my order due to the problems.
We do a lot of weddings and virtual DJ has been our software. I cannot apologize to another bride why her 1st dance Or her father daughter dance just cuts out in the middle and picks back up. We are starting to look incompetent and like rookies.
Please please please help us fix this problem we'll do whatever you need us to do.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 7:36 am
I'd suggest you stop spamming the forum with your problem, and contact support directly.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 7:41 am
I did why do you say this is spamming

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 7:52 am
Well.......nine of the ten posts in this thread are by you. Then there are the other threads that you've commented in, mentioning the same problem.

You say in your post above that you've asked about it at least three times.

Once is enough. Post on the forum, then if you don't get a response within a reasonable time (days, not hours or minutes) contact support directly.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 8:35 am
I am sorry that you are having these issues, and since I don't use this controller or a Mac, I can't help you. However, I would like you to take a deep breath, and take some advice from an old man.

Stop using faulty equipment on your paying clients. You continue to use equipment, that you know has the potential to fail. I don't know how you or anyone else, can go to a gig and not have confidence in their equipment. Don't you have enough stress as a DJ, especially during a wedding?

I use Virtual DJ and support it 100%, but if it is not working for you at the moment, use something else.Yes, you read that right. The client hired you, not your software. I don't know if it is the software, controller or a combination of both. My problem is, you know you have an issue, and you expect (or are praying), that the issue will go away by itself.

Until you get this issue resolved, do not use this controller with this software. Contact support, or see if the early access beta has a fix, and get it.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 9:01 am
I believe I have answered already on a similar thread.

1) Try to use a powered USB hub between your MAC and DDJ-SZ.
2) Try a new high quality built USB cable
3) Try to adjust the ASIO settings to any value between 2ms and 8ms
4) Monitor your MAC's temperature

I understand that this is frustrating, but I used DDJ-SZ until July 31 every weekend for the past 2 years without any issue under Win7, Win 8.1 and Win 10. Since August 1st I'm using DDJ-RZ but I still test SZ every time a new build gets out. Both on MAC and PC. Also SZ is a quite popular unit and there are a lot of users that use it with VirtualDj. I'm sure that if this behavior was an issue caused by a VirtualDj update the forums would have flooded with messages similar to yours.

Therefore, your issue seems specific to you. It has to be something specific on your system or your workflow. Without us knowing what's causing it, we cannot help any further unless you help us troubleshoot it.

So: Please try the 4 points I mentioned above and let us know your findings. Try to provide as much info as possible when you report back. Answers like "I tried all of the above and nothing happened" does not really help us. Even if "nothing happened" by your point of view, describing what you did and what the results was may help us to reach other conclusions. You may say something that may lead us to the right direction, as it's impossible to type here a 200 points troubleshoot guide. :)

PS: The blue leds on SZ jogs blink on the last 30 seconds of a song.
30-20 secs: Blink every second
20-10 secs: Blink every half second
10-00 secs: Blink every quarter of the second.
Also they stay off when a deck is unloaded.
That's by design!

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 9:08 am
PS: I just noticed that you posted photos from other users issues.

PLEASE avoid selecting posts just trying to prove that VirtualDj has issues with Pioneer controllers. Pioneer controllers are the most popular controllers among DJ's the last 3 years. Therefore it's absolutely logical that almost half of the users that report various issues here, use a Pioneer controller.
Their issue might be similar to yours (on 2 or 3 occasions) but it may not be related at all.

If you want us to be able to help you solve YOUR problem, please stick to that :)

Thank you!

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 9:28 am
Let us know what you have tried, and the results.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 8:44 pm
I'm not sure how to answer this.
1st) Our intention was not to spam. Our intention was only to pull all of the related problems to one post so that you could understand what the problems are. We're sorry for those that misconstrued this as spamming.

2nd) This is been a three-week process, not just a couple of minutes, as we stated in the post.

3rd) We did open a ticket, also stated in the post, and our answers are listed here as well. We tried all of those and it did not help, also stated in the post.

4th) If you read the post, you can see that we replaced all of the wires, used a different Mac and replaced the controller with a brand-new one. We tried the powered USB hub. The Mac is running fine, no temperature problems. We have asked how to change the ASI0 settings and have not received an answer yet. We also dumped Virtual DJ and all of its associated files, then reloaded it with the new license number, as per Virtual DJ and Pioneer. So the comment about faulty equipment was unwarranted. You can also see in the post, that we tested this for several hours and several days in the studio. The glitches are random. We went 2 days with no glitches tested in 3 hr. increments. Went to a gig and 4 hours in, it started again, music stopped 1s to 3s and started again. We are running Serato on a 2nd computer as a backup, ready to plug into the B input.

5th) We also know that the DDJ SZ is widely used. Some of our DJs have use them for quite a while, since they first came out with Virtual DJ 8.1, as you can also see in the post. This problem only started with some of the new updates, 8.2.3311 or later, we are running.

Yosemite 10.10.5
Macbook Pro Retina, 15-inch
2.2 ghz Intel Core i7
16 gb 1600 mhz ddr3
intel iris pro 1536 mb

6th) In reference to the comment "I'm sure that if this behavior was an issue caused by a Virtual DJ update, the form would have flooded with messages similar to yours”. You can see, as per the post, there are several other people complaining about the same issue.

7th) The only reason why we're using this post is to try to find someone else that has finally found an answer to fix this problem. We use virtual DJ on a daily basis and we love the software, just trying to get the rest of our DJs in the company on board with it. And we like the controller, we just can’t see dropping $2000 on some thing we can only use on Serato, or have to worry about if some time in the night we may have problems.

So, if anyone out there would like to actually help us instead of telling us how bad we are abusing this forum, we would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 9:34 pm
one of the DJ's that work with me is djreign007 the post he started was labeled
RANDOM STOPS AND GLITCHES if you want to see his post

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 10:00 pm
My comment about faulty equipment means, you know that the combination of the controller and software has the potential of failure. Yeah, I tested Win 10 for 21/2 days and it worked find. However, it crashed the next day while playing. I found out what the issue was and fixed it. You, have not found the issue, yet continue to use it. I am trying to keep you from going to a gig, with the same setup, and thinking it will magically work. If you know that your speaker has a short, and sometimes cuts out, will you use it at a wedding? No, the same goes for the controller and the software. That is what I mean about faulty equipment. I give this same advice to everyone, it has a problem, don't use it. We are trying to help you, don't let your frustration get the best of you.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 10:20 pm
Did you sign up for early access, because the version you listed is not the latest?

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 10:25 pm
Apparently you don't understand we don't go to the gig knowing that it's going to fail we try everything that we're told. make the change (test) make the change (test) make a change and we test at the studio again. and we get to the gig and it does it again. back to the drawing board.

Inviato Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 10:27 pm
14%