Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: WHY can't I map a button on my Controller to Start/Stop Video Visualization?!?!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Example I have a few unused buttons on my control and I want one to start and stop the Video Visualization. So, hit the button to Start Spectral, hit the same button to stop it.. using the mouse in a High energy club is TERRIBLE . Am I able to do this and whats the midi code? Nothing I tried works

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 2:40 am
I can't even get a mac keyboard key to do it. It will turn it off if on but that's it

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 4:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which script are you using now?

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 6:11 am
I used the dropper thing to get the script but i also chose it in the options. And it won't work. As I said. Turns it off but will not turn it on. Even a keyboard short cut would work I'm not at my system right now but when I am I'll grab the script

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 6:33 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
show the actual script

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 7:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The only way to turn off a Visualisation is to set it to "None" .. so try ..
setting 'VideoAudioOnlyvisualization' 'Spectral' ? setting 'VideoAudioOnlyvisualization' 'None' : setting 'VideoAudioOnlyvisualization' 'Spectral'
should toggle between Spectral and "Off"

Also keep in mind that you cant turn this On when a Video file is playing. The Visualisation will be used only when Audio files are playing, so if you wish to activate the Spectral Video Effect at will, you need to use the .. deck master video_fx 'Spectral' action

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 1:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you just want to manually trigger a visual (not automatic only for audio-only tracks) you should be able to just use

deck master effect_active 'Spectral'

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 2:50 pm
Ok.. all that is a little confusing which is fine. Lol I'll mess around with a few of these ideas to see what I get. Thanks

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 6:23 pm
I use spectral as well and i activate it with one button. What i did was simply set it as master deck effect and map a button on that. No need for coding. i can activate up to 5 effects that way. 3 single deck effects and 2 master effects.

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 6:57 pm
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
I use spectral as well and i activate it with one button. What i did was simply set it as master deck effect and map a button on that. No need for coding. i can activate up to 5 effects that way. 3 single deck effects and 2 master effects.

THIS is what Im looking to do!

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 7:14 pm
Depending which skin you are are using, simply set the master effects that you want and follow this guide.
https://youtu.be/vKm0vdj7xxk

See how he makes a button to become loop_in ?
All you have to do is find the button you want to use on the controller, go to the right where that magnifying glass is and click on the master deck effect.
That's how I've done it.
And if you want to use 2 effects on the same button (on your controller) you can use it with the shift button (only if your controller has one)
For example.
Your script will look like this in the beginning.
Master effect 1
If you want to use 2 effects then it will be like this:
var '$shift' ? Master deck effect 1 : master deck effect 2

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 7:27 pm
AWESOME I got it and I also remapped a few other Serato only buttons on my SX2 to do other things. I now and all buttons back in use on my controller and you guys helped get that started Thanks.

Inviato Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 5:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You'll never be happy with default ever again. :-)

Inviato Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 6:29 am
There are a lot of videos to check on YouTube for more tips and tricks. Thing of virtual DJ as a program with unlimited stuff that you can customize.

Inviato Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 2:22 pm
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
There are a lot of videos to check on YouTube for more tips and tricks. Thing of virtual DJ as a program with unlimited stuff that you can customize.

Which in my opinion makes it the best DJ software out there

Inviato Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 6:04 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)