Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem with Waveforms on Virtual DJ 8.2, flickering waveforms, has anyone else noticed this ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When updating to Virtual DJ 8.2 from 8.1 version, the first thing that I noticed were the trembling waveforms, although they seem to slightly flicker, it's still noticeable, especially in a dark environment like a club.

I use the classic-custom skin, I haven't downloaded any other, I'm satisfied with it's minimal dark design.

Because I beat-match and rhythm-match a lot when mixing, I have the waveforms moving at a slow speed, the regulator-adjuster is about 20%-25% before reaching the bottom (it's slowest mode).

I've noticed this on both Laptops, one has Windows 7 the other Windows 10.

The Flickering of the Waveforms is not to the point where I can't mix, but it's still a bit annoying when looking at them after a small period of time...!
They're not as steady as they used to be in previous versions ...

Has anyone else noticed this problem ?
and if Yes, are there any solutions for it ? or is it a design flaw ?

Inviato Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 8:42 pm
Has No-one else seen or has this problem ?

or nobody knows the solution for it ?

Inviato Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 5:54 pm
I am not seeing this problem.

Inviato Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 6:56 pm
@SpBlackCat

Which version of 8.2 are you using? (Open the options and look down left on the window and read the build number)

Inviato Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 9:58 pm
Ive noticed this happening on my Mac a while back...but I now have my Skin FPS set to 15, which makes it really jittery but doesn't bother me as I don't mix by waveforms, but by ear. I set it that low for CPU reasons. I have a slitghly older mac and this worked well

Inviato Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 4:58 pm
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
@SpBlackCat

Which version of 8.2 are you using? (Open the options and look down left on the window and read the build number)

I'm using build V 8.2 b3456,

I always update V DJ to the Last Build, I've noticed this problem ever since I updated to 8.2 till this day.

and just now it got updated again to b3471

Inviato Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:17 pm
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
Ive noticed this happening on my Mac a while back...but I now have my Skin FPS set to 15, which makes it really jittery but doesn't bother me as I don't mix by waveforms, but by ear. I set it that low for CPU reasons. I have a slitghly older mac and this worked well

So do you think if I adjust the settings on V DJ, the same as you did but the exact opposite this problem will be solved ?

or do you think the problem is elsewhere ?

Inviato Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:20 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I am not seeing this problem.

Thanks for responding, but I'm afraid I am, and it's not just me, a few of my DJ friends have also seen this issue.

One of my friends went back to V DJ 8.1 because of this, I on the other hand won't. V DJ 8.2 has Amazing Sound Quality compared to 8.1 !!!

The problem with the Flickering Waveforms might just be a matter of a small adjustment in V DJ 8.2, on the Laptops or maybe a Bug ,but this problem has appeared on both, one is HP the Other Lenovo, the Last one is a newer model.

Have you tried setting the waveforms at the speed the I've mentioned above ?

Inviato Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:30 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
What skin are you using?

Inviato Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 11:07 pm
ProfLee wrote :
What skin are you using?

I'm using the Official Basic Skin, I've never used any other Skin, even when I was using V DJ 7.4 I've always used the Official Skin.

Inviato Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 4:16 pm
Did you try to change the skin FPS?

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 7:27 pm
music234 wrote :
Did you try to change the skin FPS?

No I haven't,

do you think that this might solve the problem ?

How do I do this ?

Inviato Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 12:52 pm
OK found it,

Skin FPS is at 30, what should I change it to?

should I increase or decrease it ?

Inviato Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 5:18 pm
Increase to 40 or 50. Play with the numbers. The more you increase it, the smoother it will be

Inviato Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 5:40 pm
What's your monitor / graphics refresh rate set at? Maybe the skin FPS is conflicting with your screen FPS.

i.e. if your screen is 60Hz then choose skin rate of 60Hz or a multiple (like 30Hz). If one's 60 and the other's 50 (for example) then that could be what you're seeing.

Inviato Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 5:44 pm
Keep in mind skin redrawing wastefully consumes resources redrawing the entire skin and everything in it X times per second.The higher the FPS for skin drawing the more wasteful it is. I set my video FPS to 60 and they just need to fix skin redrawing so it is not so lame.

Inviato Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 7:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)