Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited not working - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi all, recently had to reinstall my operating system. Put VDJ back on, but now my 'content unlimited' no longer works? I can enter in to search box, but nothing happens? Any help please?

Inviato Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 4:24 pm
 Best Answer This weekend, iDJPool experienced some technical difficulties, that led to ContentUnlimited search giving no results in VirtualDJ for a few minutes friday morning and a few hours saturday evening.
This was the first time iDJPool had such a shortage in years, and we've been assured that this should not happen again.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience resulted from it.
ContentUnlimited is a service where we let VirtualDJ customers subscribe and access third-party content providers directly from within VirtualDJ.
Unfortunately, we have no control over the third-party providers and the service they provide.
(by the way, this had nothing to do with netSearch and the previous posts about it)

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 5:31 pm[ selected best answer by Stephane Clavel on Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 5:31 pm ]
Please see the official statement from Atomix (and all the other recent posts about Content Unlimited / Netsearch).

Inviato Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 5:20 pm
Thank you. I've not used the forum before so was not aware of the posts. Also my post related to two things. Are they both related? Should I cancel my content unlimited subscription as I'm not getting what I paid for ?

Inviato Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 6:33 pm
LincolnSoundGuys wrote :
Thank you. I've not used the forum before so was not aware of the posts. Also my post related to two things. Are they both related? Should I cancel my content unlimited subscription as I'm not getting what I paid for ?

You are getting what you paid for which is Content Unlimited. That works fine - I'm using it right now
It's the free Netsearch add-on that is not working anymore

That being said, if you feel let down because of Netsearch, canceling your subscription is of course an option

Inviato Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 10:17 pm
LincolnSoundGuys wrote :
Hi all, recently had to reinstall my operating system. Put VDJ back on, but now my 'content unlimited' no longer works? I can enter in to search box, but nothing happens? Any help please?

iDJPool experienced some technical difficulties yesterday, apparently you got unlucky and tried exactly during this time.
Everything's working back now though.

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 12:57 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Perhaps a "health" indicator in the browser could show us this. Like a Yellow for service interruptions or Red for service out.

At least we would not have to post here to find out if we can rely on it that night. It would help us to inform our clients too. At least we sound educated and upto date. Any time I can level with sombody and give them the truth and say "it is out of my control", I sound allot better than "I don't know why I can't get it" and blow time on troubleshooting.

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 5:34 pm
Inform your clients? "I'm sorry, I know you paid me $3000.00 to do your wedding, but I don't really have all of your music. You see I was relying on a service that I paid $10.00 a month, to download all of your request, and they are having some technical difficulty right now. I'm sure you understand".

I will tell you right now how that would go over with me if I was the groom....................Nope, I decided to take a real deep breath, and then another one.

Have a great day, I need to get ready for a gig.

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 8:08 pm
I have a show in 3 hours and Content Unlimited is AGAIN not working!

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 9:46 pm
I have a gig in 2 hours how can I get the unlimited audio to work I type in the search but nothing comes up

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 10:16 pm
UnclelLilJohn wrote :
I have a gig in 2 hours how can I get the unlimited audio to work I type in the search but nothing comes up

I'm in the same boat. My Gig is in 3 hours

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 10:18 pm
UnclelLilJohn wrote :

Mine just started working again. Check and see if yours is!

Inviato Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 10:31 pm
I think its time for a partial refund. In the middle of my gig content unlimited goes down again. It NEEDS to be fixed ASAP!!!!!

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 1:54 am
ashguthPRO (legacy)Member since 2014
Just signed up... Doesn't seem to be working, is there no Service Level information sent or broadcast anywhere so we know when it is actually down or not? Very disappointing...

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 3:01 am
DjElvzPRO InfinityMember since 2009
same here shit is down... gotta individually buy each request, dam!

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 3:06 am
It eventually got back up and running but after I was more than half-way done with my gig.

I still stand by me statement that I think a PARTIAL refund is due.

We pay for a working server not a server that's constantly down.

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 6:42 am
NOCTUCO wrote :
gotta individually buy each request, dam!

You make that sound like such hard work!

The fact is - NO you don't have to buy each request. There's no law that says "a DJ must always play every single request that he gets".

If you don't have it, tell them you don't have it. Ask them to choose something else.

If you're an experienced DJ with a good collection of your own music, then chances are that any track you don't have wouldn't be a good choice to play anyway.

VDJ (and DJing itself) has existed long before the onboard streaming / downloading feature. We went out and did gigs. Clients were happy with our service.

If you can't manage to play a single gig without relying on downloads (or heaven forbid, paying for music!) then there must be something wrong somewhere.

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 8:32 am
Content unlimited is a joke. I'm paying every month for NOTHING. It gets worse and worse. I have songs I have looked st months ago on CU and 99% say error when I drag them into my deck. I can't download to cache either. When are YOU GUYS GOING TO FIX THIS.

Virtual DJ by far has the worst customer service ever. As someone who writes for Mobile Beat...I can assure you, this won't go unnoticed. Get this fixed!

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 4:39 pm

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 4:48 pm
This weekend, iDJPool experienced some technical difficulties, that led to ContentUnlimited search giving no results in VirtualDJ for a few minutes friday morning and a few hours saturday evening.
This was the first time iDJPool had such a shortage in years, and we've been assured that this should not happen again.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience resulted from it.
ContentUnlimited is a service where we let VirtualDJ customers subscribe and access third-party content providers directly from within VirtualDJ.
Unfortunately, we have no control over the third-party providers and the service they provide.
(by the way, this had nothing to do with netSearch and the previous posts about it)

Selected as best answer Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 5:31 pm
RealGenius wrote :
Content unlimited is a joke. I'm paying every month for NOTHING. It gets worse and worse. I have songs I have looked st months ago on CU and 99% say error when I drag them into my deck. I can't download to cache either. When are YOU GUYS GOING TO FIX THIS.

Virtual DJ by far has the worst customer service ever. As someone who writes for Mobile Beat...I can assure you, this won't go unnoticed. Get this fixed!

The official statement was given. If you are not happy with the service cancel it. What do expect for 9.99 a month? If one has just tens gigs a month that is 99 cents a gig for songs you do not have. Yes it is advertised as thousands of songs and rare one too but it does not say every song created in the history of the world. Demonizing Virtual DJ in its entirety because of a service that is not even theirs or controlled by them is just supercilious.

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 5:36 pm
95%