Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't hot-swap external drive

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all,

I'm on Mac. I'm experiencing a problem where VDJ will not read libraries off external drives that are connected after the software has already started. If the drive is mounted before I start Virtual DJ, then the libraries show up fine. If I take over from another DJ and plug my drive into the Mac, the libraries don't show up until VDJ is re-started. Obviously this presents a problem because the music is already going. I've been having to play a song off my phone to restart Virtual DJ to get my libraries to show up, which is not ideal.

Any ideas on how to make VDJ recognize a new drive and load its libraries and virtual folders without restarting?

Inviato Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 6:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you sure the other dj's virtualdj is up to date?
This was a problem before, but has been fixed a while ago (I don't remember exactly which version anymore)

Inviato Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 5:33 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
when you reswap the drives. and the drive letters changing each time. thats what happens in windows a lot. with mac not sure. and make you you unplug the drive after you tell osx to stop it. or it will get corrupted

Inviato Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 11:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Mac has no drive letters, and on windows it doesn't matter for vdj if they do change

Inviato Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 12:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)