Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 7.4.7. Problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi... Haven't been here for a few years. One of my laptops is having problems, that quite frankly I suspect I'm doing something wrong as surely if there were bugs like these they would have been sorted by now.
Pc is windows 10, top of the line i7 CPU. I've never seen these issues on my backup pc on Windows 7 (also a 1.6ghz i7) .

Firstly, after setting up advertising in the play list and running auto play, scanning files seems to be as slow as heck. Like slower than the playing time of the track. About 5 minutes per track. It's actually faster to just dump the tracks one by one into a spare deck. There they scan in about 10 seconds. The files are rendered in mpg2 svideo resolution. Also tried scanning a mp4 file from YouTube with the same slow results.

Secondly, usually after a few hours playing, but after one song last night for the first time. The search box refuses to type. I can get a cursor but when typing nothing appears. So as a backup I go to sort tracks by title or artist... But alas when the search box won't work also the sort headers fail and it only sorts the top two tracks... Everything under the top two won't move. I remember this being an old bug that had been fixed a few years ago.
So with this two bugs appearing at the same time (sort and search) you are completely unable to choose any music for you set. Usually after a half hour or so the bug sorts it's self and everything works again.

Intrestingly by boss sometimes uses my laptop and it never seems to happen to him... But I don't think he uses sort and search as much as I do.

Any suggestions... It's downright annoying!
Thanks

Inviato Sat 10 Dec 16 @ 8:41 am
Nobody at all?

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 2:24 pm
Also discovered.. It not related to my use of a external hdd... Unplugging the hdd while search is not working does not fix the problem.

Also when search fails, you can still call up a track info box... And typing works in this box.

Inviato Sat 17 Dec 16 @ 12:56 pm
My first question would be - why are you still using VDJ 7?

You've got the latest spec CPU and operating system. Your backup computer is also high spec. Yet you're running software that's no longer updated.

I would expect scanning of video files to take longer than audio (I only use audio). It's logical that it takes longer when you're playing files at the same time. Why are you performing maintenance [scanning files] when you're working? That should be done during down time.

Lastly, do you by any chance have a 'file date' column enabled in the VDJ browser? Most posts about slow or frozen searching turn out to be because of this reason. Searching by file date takes a lot of system resources, as the hard drive has to access every file to read its date.

Inviato Sat 17 Dec 16 @ 1:13 pm
Probably closer to three minutes. It's damn long when your standing there waiting for 5 new tracks to scan and it takes over 10 minutes.

If it were a power setting wouldn't it take the same amount of time to scan when loaded in a deck. It takes less than 10 seconds to scan when I (usually) give up and cancel the scan and just dump the tracks one by one in a deck.

Have retried v8 and found no support for our controllers, DAC2s.
Aside from not wanting to spend $2000 on new controllers (aside from having to rewrite my skin for v8 from the ground up), we simply don't have space for controllers of today. No beach space at all and only room for a 2RU high controller.

I have no choice but to make v7 work somehow. Can't install windows 7 on that machine, it's too new and there are no win7 drivers for it.

First attempt will be to remove all plugins and skins from offending laptop and see what happens.

Inviato Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 3:50 pm
You can still get brand new laptops with Windows 7 on them if you look hard enough. I just bought a couple earlier in the year.

Inviato Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 4:03 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
You can still get brand new laptops with Windows 7 on them if you look hard enough. I just bought a couple earlier in the year.

Wish I knew that before, however every store I went to only had win10 systems.

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 16 @ 9:02 am
Yes, you will only get Win 10 in stores, however online business suppliers can give you 7 or 8.1 on downgrade rights as long as the hardware is compatible.

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 16 @ 9:19 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Yes, you will only get Win 10 in stores, however online business suppliers can give you 7 or 8.1 on downgrade rights as long as the hardware is compatible.

Ok, yes it was the hardware we had trouble with, about 50% of the drivers for the new system only had windows 8 (that i refuse to DJ on) and above drivers.

Inviato Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 11:51 am
Update, Cause found.

Smaller skins that need to be maximized with Virtual DJ seems to be causing this problem. the moment I changed the skin (After search and sort features stopped working) to a factory skin that does not need to be maximized, the search and sort functions immediately started working again. I'm not sure if Windows 10 x64 had anything to do with it also.

My Windows 7 system has never had this failure (since this bug was fixed 3 or 4 years ago) However my skin on that system is full screen without needing to be maximized

Inviato Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 11:51 am
With VDJ 7 it was always an issue running a skin at a non native resolution to fit your screen res. The Atomix advice was always to make sure your skin res is the same as your screen res.

With VDJ 8 it's better. However, having most new skins designed at/for a single resolution does cause problems.

Inviato Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 3:07 pm
FWIW- You're not the ONLY one left still using 7- I'm right there with ya-
I have tried several times to make "the switch" (VDJ 8/ Serato/ Traktor/ RB), but always go back to 7. I know the effects/features aren't there, but for Weddings, it just WORKS! When someone pays you up to $2000 to make their wedding day awesome, you CANNOT have glitches- I read so many horror stories of this happening. Over 5 yrs with 7 & a DDJSX, and NO freezes/ blank screens/ Resets etc....If I was playing clubs, I'd definitely upgrade just for the transitions, but for weddings 7 is SOLID. I have great online reviews, and have never had 1 person diss me for using 7, but I know that would be different at a club :) After saying all this, it will probably freeze up & crash on me this Saturday.....

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 10:09 pm
All well & good until you buy yourself a new controller......

:-)

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 5:53 pm
I also do weddings, it's not necessary to say how much I charge (Your honor, I never said that). I have not had any issues with 8 since it came out. Yes, I have had a few crashes with both 7 and 8. I had a few crashes with 8 a few months ago, but once I updated video drivers, all is well. I upgrade everything including OS, because I believe these people know a lot more than I do.

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 9:59 pm
virtual dj 7.4.7 bpm takes to long to scan what could be the problem??

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 18 @ 11:59 pm
Not enough information.

How many files? What type of files? Where are they (internal/external drive)? What's the spec of the computer?

Why are you still using VDJ 7 anyway? VDJ 8 has been out for more than four years.

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 4:54 pm
Try scanning with the VDJ screen minimised so you only see it as a small screen.
I have found over the years that some laptops when at home (no controller connected) have probs when scanning in full screen.
This is also the same when typing in the search bar without a controller & soundcard connected.

Recently I'm experiencing very slow loading of videos and also when accessing Virtual media plugin loop settings etc (it takes minutes for the popup to appear).
This shouldn't be happening on my i7 gaming laptop with 16gb of ram.

If I use it for anything outside of Virtual DJ 7 it is extremely fast but VD7 is running slow at the moment.

Inviato Sat 03 Nov 18 @ 12:13 pm
fellow-djs wrote :

This shouldn't be happening on my i7 gaming laptop with 16gb of ram.

If you're still running VDJ 7 (why would anyone?) then you won't be taking advantage of that 16Gb RAM.

Move up to the 64 bit version of VDJ 8 to make use of what you've got.

Inviato Sat 03 Nov 18 @ 12:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)