Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Komplete Audio 6 interface considered a "DJ Mixer" for home version?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie and have searched the forums and inter webs for an answer but maybe I have got the terminology wrong.

I'm looking to play around with VDJ8 at home but my laptop speakers aren't great.

I have a Komplete Audio 6 audio interface that I was wanting to use to hook up to some speakers and was wondering whether this would be considered a "Dj Mixer" and thus I would be violating the home use policy OR it would cut out after 10 minutes if I used it?

If so, am I better off getting VDJ7 for now and trying it out for size...I'm assuming there would be no licence issue in this case?

Thank you for your help.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 2:13 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Should be ok to use in a master & headphones set up, for auido quality I'd recommend v8 over v7 every day of the week.

Of course you'll need either powered speakers or an amp & speakers.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 2:46 am
Thanks so much for your reply and top on VDJ8 over 7.

I assume the master + headphones will allow me to cue up on the headphones while the main output is going out of the speakers?

I have a Bose L1 system that I use as a solo acoustic musician.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 8:26 am
That's right.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 9:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A german user "reported" the same.
He wants to use an Audio 2 soundcard and as soon as he tries to setup a master+headphone config VDJ asks for a "analog mixer licence".

Is this a new behaviour?

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:12 am
I'll check but I'm sure HLU's can use a AI as long as it's M&H

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 12:27 pm
I noticed recently the free version is hounding me every 10 minutes for a licence even though I don't have a multi-channel sound card.

Maybe just incorrect sound settings but bugging all the same.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 12:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)