Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

When loading a disc on VDJ, it gives a BPM for each track, but when I count up the beats using the 4 bars at the top the amount is different then the program gave for the
songs, why? Which is correct?

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 5:39 pm
Which is correct, the one that you think is correct. The BPM engine is quite accurate, but it may be off at times. Is it 70 BPM or 140 BPM? At times it could be both, depending on how you interpret it. If you think it's 70 BPM, then change it by dividing it in half. However, if you are talking about something different, then provide examples.

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 7:27 pm
The BPM shown for an example of a song says 123bpm, but when I count the beats with the bars at the top it adds up to about 170.
Why is the amount different?
Also, the song is 5:31 minutes in length.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 9:12 pm
BPM means "Beats Per Minute"

So, in a track that's 123BPM you should count 123 beats each minute.
For a 5 minutes track you should count 615 beats.

What you measured is most likely bars. Each bar consists of 4 beats (for a track that has a 4 by 4 - 4/4 - music signature)
So, it's like 0BAR,1BT,2BT,3BT,4BT=1BAR,1BT,2BT,3BT,4BT=2BAR, e.t.c.

170 Bars = 680 beats (again, for a track that has a 4 by 4 - 4/4 - music signature)
If you divide this with 123BPM then the track should be approximately 5,53 minutes (decimal value)
5,53 minutes = 5 minutes, 31 seconds and 80 hundreds of the second.
Time reading on a digital system should therefore display 5:31.80

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 9:36 pm
The "bars at the top" are not a BPM counter.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 9:39 pm
The bars are not a bpm counter, then what are they for?

How do you know the songs music signature?

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 11:29 pm
They are there so you can match the downbeat. The first beat of the bar. A bar being 4 beats (usually)

As phantom said, bpm is Beats Per Minute. The number of beats there are in one minute. Not in the entire track.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 11:37 pm
How do you find the bpm of the entire track?

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 11:45 pm
TrueTunes wrote :
How do you find the bpm of the entire track?

There is no such thing unless the track happens to be exactly one minute long. Its like the rev counter on your car tells you how many revolutions your engine is doing per minute. This is what you need to know, not how many it has done on the journey.

Maybe you should read this a few times, especially the second post

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/6288/Mix_lessons/DJ_MIXING___basic_-_advanced_-_pro.html

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 11:47 pm
It's a 4 beat measure, up to 16, = 4 bars. It's beats per minute, not beats per track. How is it relevant knowing how many beats there are in a track?

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 11:49 pm
If a single track is playing at the bpm of the track given is it correct for the whole track to play correctly at that bpm for original playback?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 1:07 am
The whole track will play at the given bpm, provide it's an electronic track. Real musicians can't stay perfectly on beat. Also, the track may have transitions, going from one bpm to another. What is the basis for this info, and how is it important to what you are trying to do?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 1:41 am
The basis is it will play at 0.0 the given bpm, but as you pointed out it doesn't carry through the whole track at that bpm exactly.
Is it possible to locate the total track bpm at all?
It's important because the given bpm seems not to be exactly matching the original recordings playback, basically how it sounds.

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 4:05 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
track details please, your making this harder than it has to be.

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 5:48 am
And why is that important?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 6:14 am
131 bars = 149.9 bpm
track time 3:29
Total track bpm=

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 6:00 pm
Again, why is that important to you?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 6:21 pm
THe BPM figure that VDJ provides for a track after it's been analysed is an average created from the track as a whole.

So if the track is 120 all the way through, then the anaylised BPM will be 120. If the beginning and end are 120 but most of the track is 118 then the analysis will show 118.

Unfortunately this is the way of DJ software. As far as it's concerned, no track ever has more than one BPM or key. It's a shame but there you go.

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 6:26 pm
Its important to me because on Virtual DJ the bpm shown does not play or sound correct on my cd player.
But when I change the given bpm by Virtual DJ the sound then match's the track on my cd player.
So, I was wondering if there's a way to determine the bpm of the whole track easily?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 7:03 pm
You need to provide a lot more detailed information about exactly what it is you're doing (or trying to do) and why.

So from what I've managed to work out by reading between the lines, you've got a track on a CD (what track? Name it).

You're playing that on a CD player. Is it a domestic player or a DJ type with pitch control?

You have the same track (I guess - is it?) in VDJ but when you try to mix the two, they don't match? Where did the VDJ copy come from? Ripped from your CD or downloaded from somewhere?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 7:16 pm
65%