Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 7 welcome screen and browser font really small. *Screen shots included*

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So i'm using a Toshiba Satellite S55t-C5165 S55t-C/5165 15.6" Laptop running windows 10. This is my current screen setting if that helps The gig that I work requires me to use VDJ 7 at the moment. I have attempted to find forums that can relate to my issue but unfortunately I can't find anything ... this has been on issue since i've purchased this laptop almost a year ago. I've noticed that it does the samething to serato. When VDJ starts up the boot box is really small and as you can see in my picture the font on VDJ 7 is so small that its hard to read. I have used VDJ 7 on two Asus computers and have not had this issue. I have tried everything from changing my screen resolution to downloading skins that allow me to adjust the font size and nothing has work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 6:54 am
When I used V7 I set my screen resolution to 1366x768 or 1440x900 and chose close to the same resolution when selecting the default skin. That's pretty low in todays standards, but never gave me problems

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 7:30 am
The problem is that 3840x2160 is a huge resolution (pixel count) for a 15.6" screen. That's a 4K screen!

I have two 15.6" laptops and they're nowhere near that pixel density. Not even HD (1920x1080).

As Klaus said, 1366x768 is a more sensible resolution for a 15.6" screen. Of course if you cram more pixels into the same screen size, each one will be smaller. Plus VDJ skins (for VDJ 8) are designed for 1920x1080. Most VDJ 7 skins are for smaller/lower resolutions.

Another problem is that running VDJ 7 with a skin that doesn't match the screen resolution stresses VDJ and your computer.

[later] Are you 100% SURE that 3840x2160 is the correct resolution of your screen? I just downloaded the spec from Toshiba and it says the screen is 1920x1080.

If were you, I'd set it to 1920x1080, get rid of the 250% magnification (shouldn't be necessary when the screen is at the right setting) and try VDJ with a 1920x1080 skin.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 7:05 pm
My gig laptop is 13.3" and has a 4k screen. It's ridiculous.

I have downscaled to 1920x1080 to match the V8 default skins and it's so much better.

Windows STILL has issues with scaling even in 10. It's a legacy issue for both programs and Microsoft and not nearly solved.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 7:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I have a 15" 4k laptop, and I wouldn't want to go back ever again.
Text looks so much nicer, as do pictures.

There's a few programs that don't handle it perfectly yet, but most of it are fine in my experience.
VDJ 7 was indeed from before high-resolution screens, but VDJ 8 handles it perfectly.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 8:01 pm
Can you post a screen grab (or a link to download the image) so we can have a look?

I think that running a standard VDJ 8 skin (1920x1080) on a 15" laptop screen has several issues, which have been raised on the forum before. Certain elements become too small, for example the browser tabs and the text inside them.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 8:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If I maximize the skin, the elements are exactly the same physical size as showing the same skin on a 15 inch 1080p or even a 720p monitor. (a button of 1cm is still 1cm) so not sure what you want a screen shot from exactly.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 9:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)