Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Remove track from automix list?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Wozza9PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys,

I've had about a year and a half break from DJing and just started getting back into it. I previously used VDJ7 but I'm now thinking of moving to 8.

I've had a play around with it and one feature I can't seem to find that was in 7, when you have a side/automix list in 7 you could drag a track from the list onto a deck and it would automatically be removed from the list. In 8 when I drag the track off to a deck, it still stays in the list.

Is there any setting I need to select to have it be removed from the list?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 9:00 am
Despite numerous requests this feature has been abandoned and is not part of version 8. Now when you drag to a deck or between sidelist/automix it copies the track instead of moving it and it still drives me nuts.

You need to play it in the deck for a specified period of time then it disappears (or right click and select remove). There is a setting or the time and also to activate the removal.

historyDelay
removePlayedFromSidelist
automixAutoRemovePlayed

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 9:12 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you're a windows user become friends with the app key
1 click track, app key, r r enter
2 ??
3 Profit

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 9:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Or the delete key?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 9:32 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've got that mapped to "goto +64" so it won't work like that for me.

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 10:07 am
Why can't there just be an option to either move or delete tracks between deck/automix/sidelist?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 10:37 am
Just thinking outside of the box, so please exuse me ... but;
as far as I can see the OP wants to be able to drag and drop a song from a sidelist/automix and remove it like it used to be in the old days(ver.7 or whatever)

Would it be possible to set a custom button to achieve this, kind of like a paper bin, but only removing the song from the sidelist/playlist ?

So instead of having to select the song, then right click, then remove,
you could just drag the song over to the bin and the scripting genius would do the rest!

As I think more about it, the paper bin button could even be intergrated into the sidelist/playlist sideview as a standard feature, there's enough space for it.

does that make sense? I think it would be a cool feature anyway ;-)

edit. Maybe I misunderstood the OP, I think this is one for the wishes forum .. sorry.

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 12:44 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This is a reply I made in another forum concerning the same subject...

"I'd still prefer the original way not "old way" as some call it, more is required nowadays than the simple and quicker way of just click and drag out of the list and drop, simple used to be best... just my twopenneth for what it's worth."

What I can't understand is why everyone is coming up with a zillion moves, codes and scripts to achieve the simple basic thing that we had previous to v8 in so many other versions, it got the job done in the simplest and quickest manner.

Why don't the dev team just come out and say, look guys we can't get that feature to work in v8 no matter how much we try it just don't work, sorry. We are not kids, a bit of honesty will kill any future discussion on this recurring request and hopefully put the whole matter to bed, simple. Dev team please don't take it as a slight on your capabilities I'm just saying this would probably lay the whole subject to rest and probably stop you guys pulling your hair out everytime this request is resurrected.

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 4:31 pm
hey TAYLA, I respect you for alll your hard work
I know that you that you you are an - Ultra-VIP....and I'm just a little person ... but....
all that I was saying was that it may be posssible to include a waste paper icon in there somewhere as a solution to what a hell of of a lot of people want,
instead of just bashing atomix on what they hav'nt thought of allready
we're not not all on the same level, we're not as clever as everybody else, but sometimes even stupid people like me can have good ideas!

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 5:28 pm
Hi, raypitman, first off I don't see myself any better or worse than those that have more or less stars than one self, never have and never will. It doesn't get me any discounts at the bar, although my demands for the bar staff to show me more respect always seem to fall on deaf ears.

Two, I thought I had made my reply quite clear, I was not bashing Atomix or any of the team far from it, this request has been made by numerous amount of people myself included to have the drag and drop feature brought back in for removing files from the side/automix list, it was quick and it was efficient and requires less mouse or hand movements, it was also convenient when using the automix as a request list, when people changed their mind while still at the dj booth.

Any other method than the original way involves these extra movements including having to highlight, click, select remove... all other methods yours included only add movements in which to remove a track from the line, not saying they won't work, just saying it's not as convenient or efficient.

I still stand by what I said, it would be far more logical for the guys to say look, we can't get the old system to work in v8 but we have here an alternative to remove tracks and this is now how you do it. That would filter through to everyone that your flogging a dead horse asking for the return to the old removal tool, just like myself, the original poster to this thread and countless others repeating their own requests for it's return.

Again, not bashing, swiping or digging at no one, technology moves on and sometimes the old cannot fit into a new system, fact of life, we just need to be told that is the case whether it's for this request or any other. It will stop the chants of they aren't listening.

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 7:08 pm
Hey Mr. tayla,
I don't want to hijack the post(please excuse me), but I think we're on the same page here, and thank you for your kind words.

That's why I suggested that the devs could maybe put a trash bin onto the side/play list panel that would recreate/reintroduce the old feature of simply drag and drop a song out of a given list.

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 1:41 am
No sweat, confusion reigns supreme in my world.

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 2:53 am
pmarvelPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This one of the reasons I don't use VDJ 8. I have looked at it and said VDJ8 does not work. I will come back to it when they get it fixed. 7 works.

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 12:03 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)