Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need to move iTunes Music files to a different drive help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I need to move all my iTunes music files from my drive C:\ to D:\ drive without loosing my files info in VDJ 7.4.7, like cue points ect.
Bought a new laptop with SS drive C:\ with only 256 gig and a 1tb D:\ , so drive C:\ is not large enough to fit my library...
Windows 10.
Thanks..

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 4:44 pm
Is it possible to move iTunes music library to a different drive and not affect VDJ database information on those songs?
What is the best way to accomplish this task...
Please help, Thanks...

Inviato Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 1:08 pm
Yes, just do it from within VDJ. Highlight the tracks and VDJ and then right click and select move. Then tell it where you want to move them to. You can then delete them from the old drive. When you move the tracks it creates a new database folder on the new drive for those tracks.

Inviato Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 4:12 pm
Thank you for chiming in, but my issue is that would kill the database in iTunes, which I use to rip music into.

what I was planing to do is move files in iTunes first to Drv D:\, so I don't loose info in iTunes, then do VDJ after?

What would be the best method in order to keep my data in both intact?

Inviato Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 5:08 pm
Write data to tags ... If you choose not to move the files in vdj your vdj database will probably need to be edited by hand with a text editor to fix file locations

Good luck

Inviato Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 5:57 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)