Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Spotify and deezer added in latest early new build - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

So can we now access a play Spotify track in vdj cause now there is a plug in under online music

Inviato Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 8:51 pm
Yes, but there are a few limitations:

-Need a paid subscription for deezer or spotify (free ones will not work)
-No download to cache (that only for content unlimited subscriptions). So it's not really for using all night. It's more of an "odd request" kind of thing. (If you feel the need to cache a track and take your time with pre-listen and so on, you can of course use 4 or 6 deck mode to do this)
-Because these are plugins, they require a vdj 8 pro license

And of course, legally speaking, the license you have agreed to with deezer/spotify stays the same, so legally you can't really use it in public

Inviato Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 9:32 pm
why was it added it doesn't make sense to integrate into vdj if u cant use public I'm a pro user for the last 4yrs so I have the pro versions

Inviato Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 12:15 am
Now you can look in Deezer/Spotify and look for nice new songs. You can practice them in your set. But you have to buy the song afterwards. Vdj is software you can use for playing in public, if you have the pro version. Vdj is not the compagny that's going to look that your music is bought correct, your licenses are ok for playing in public,....
I hope you buy all your music correct....

Inviato Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 7:50 am
djsteve27 wrote :
why was it added it doesn't make sense to integrate into vdj if u cant use public I'm a pro user for the last 4yrs so I have the pro versions

My guess is: Because it has been requested a million times and the competitors have it

Remember that the VDJ wil just be an alternative player for the services. Your agreement will be with Spotify or Deezer

Inviato Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 8:36 am
djekipPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Any plans to adapt with spotify busines? then you can play it public too... caching on premium and business would be cool to have..

Can it fetch my spotify lists?

Inviato Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 7:26 pm
I can confirm that it does fetch your spotify playlists - after playing with plugin it does only seem to allow you to play/preload 1 track at a time so not best to try and mix from 1 spotify track to another use your own music and like in earlier post just use spotify for the occasional track that you may not have.

Inviato Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 9:33 pm
djekip wrote :
Any plans to adapt with spotify busines? then you can play it public too...

I don't think Spotify Business will match the needs of a DJ.
Here is from the Spotify Business FAQ:

Can I search & play specific tracks?
You can’t search for a specific artist or track in a soundtrack or playlist. But you can browse our music by genre and energy level to find the sound that fits your business best.

So with Spotify business you basically can't choose which song to play. It chooses for you. My guess is that it's licensed as a radio

djekip wrote :
caching on premium and business would be cool to have..

Yes, but currently Spotify won't allow it.

djekip wrote :
Can it fetch my spotify lists?

Yes

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 12:31 am
djekipPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ok so its like 8/10 need to take it to spin.. it is nice if i can do "new songs" playlists in spotify and look them up on VDJ and share my list to public on spotify..

Nice work VDJ.

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 4:39 pm
More like a five out of 10

Inviato Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 1:35 am
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've tried it with my premium account and Spotify. It seems to work nice!
As I'm a mobile DJ, there is not always an internet access possible. So it would be nice to have access to the local offline Spotify catalogue.

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 3:54 pm
jarnov1Home userMember since 2016
quote from klausmogensen:
--------
I don't think Spotify Business will match the needs of a DJ.
Here is from the Spotify Business FAQ:

Can I search & play specific tracks?
You can’t search for a specific artist or track in a soundtrack or playlist. But you can browse our music by genre and energy level to find the sound that fits your business best.

So with Spotify business you basically can't choose which song to play. It chooses for you. My guess is that it's licensed as a radio
---------

That's not true.

I have Spotify Business and Algoriddims software in use as in club enviroment. Spotify Business can be use just like as Spotify Premium account.

The FAQ that you are pointing continues:
---------
You can also use the regular Spotify client to play specific tracks. But the regular Spotify client dosen’t support all features that Spotify Business provide.
---------

That means that there is in Spotify Business interface that you can use as player. It is meant to use as background music play on shops and there you can't search songs but you can example remote control the music by web browser. But you can use your Spotify Business account as regular Spotify client, but you don't have the features that background music users needs.

Edit: Sorry quote code (bbcode) didnt work on my post

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 7:04 pm
jarnov1Home userMember since 2016
I'll have to say that Spotify Business and Soundtrack Business are two different products.

So Spotify Business is only in Sweden, Norway and Finland.

I don't know for sure can you use Soundtrack Business like you can Spotify Business. You have to ask it from the company.

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 7:19 pm
is this available to all pro users?

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, but you need to update to the latest Early Access build or wait for a few days for this to become Public.

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 11:42 pm
Norton21ControlleristMember since 2014
I have a paid for full license based on controllers. Does this mean I cant have this?
Do I need to pay for the pro sub? If so that would suck!
I have Content Unlimited sub and I'm fed up of only being able to get 50% of the tracks on my spotify playlists which are mainly House and EDM which you would expect to be there!
I find CU a pile of crap given the complete inability to search for genres ect like spotify or have playlists like them.

When does this become available as the next release? It says that the early access is only a few days before release unless your talking about beta testing?

Inviato Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 5:52 pm
Spotify & Deezer are only available to Pro Infinity or Pro Subscription users with Early Access Builds enabled. When it does become a public release the same Pro license restrictions will apply.

Inviato Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 6:36 pm
sidazPRO InfinityMember since 2014
tried the spotify deezer options ....both seem pretty pointless as nothing can be cached .....a lot of time i have no connection ...so seems pointless paying for cu (which is beyond poor at moment) subscription as well as premium subs on spotify and deezer ..... love the thought that maybe one day ...one of them will be open up to caching option ....till then ..dont see the need for either to run with vdj .....

Inviato Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 6:48 pm
I wonder why Atomix don't go with Pulselocker? At least it's intended for DJ use.

Inviato Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 6:54 pm
Norton21ControlleristMember since 2014
Meh what a crock!!!
Why should you need pro to run spotify?
You need to pay for CU which I do and I already pay for Spotify so why charge me twice.
All it means is that CU will lose my revenue if i need to pay for pro to get spotify.
Spotify music is way better and most places have wifi anyway or 4g

Inviato Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 8:48 pm
40%