Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Effect filter knob (too many choices)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just purchased a new Denon MC6000 controller (well.. its used, but new to me lol )
found out the filter knob has the same issue as the behringer cmd studio 4a.. (all this time I thought it was an issue with the controller)
on the denon the "EFX1" knob is set to "effect select"

The issue is, when I load a video onto the deck the knob now goes thru ALL OF THE EFFECTS including the video ones.. :-( :-(
is there a way to limit its choices to just the audio ones?
thanks

Inviato Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 10:15 pm
on my controller its mapped to -> effect_select

and it only gets audio fx

how is yours mapped?

Inviato Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 10:35 pm
wickedmix wrote :
on my controller its mapped to -> effect_select
and it only gets audio fx
how is yours mapped?

I am using the stock mapping..
in the box it shows it mapped as "effect select"
I tried changing it to "effect_select" but it does the same thing..

V8.2 b3573

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 7:33 pm
Maybe this will help, it's the parameter list for effect_select

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 7:38 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Maybe this will help, it's the parameter list for effect_select

nope. lol.. I have no idea how that would make it better.. I can do simple mapping, but Im not sure what is needed to limit this to the audio effects

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 9:09 pm
BTW I tested this on my desktop and my laptop. same thing happens on both..
i can also replicate it on my two 'all-in-one' controllers as both have fx knobs..

I can easily replicate it..
start VDJ 8 .. : FX knob 1 when rotated goes thru the audio effects.. "backspin, beat grid, (all 16 I have ) "
it stops at FlippinDouble the last audio effect..
if I load in an audio song it works as above..

BUT if I load in a video to that deck, then the same knob starts cycling thru ALL the effects, the audio ones, then it cycles thru the video ones (like "boom", "shake", "slideshow" ) so over 30? of them.. make it a bit hard to select anything ..

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 9:22 pm
P.S. I also just realized when I load an audio only song into the deck the effect knob goes back to only selecting audio effects..
so this is definitely video song related (IE: someone would only notice this happening if they were running videos)..

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 9:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
is it a dial or encoder?
I can script something to jump over the vid fx.

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 10:33 pm
What you could do is right click on the video effects and set them to ignore.

This will put them into another folder, which you can still access manually - but it does stop them cycling through

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 11:43 pm
locodog wrote :
is it a dial or encoder?
I can script something to jump over the vid fx.

I'm not sure.. I would call it an absolute encoder.. it has a min and max with stops on both sides..

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:39 am
djtouchdan wrote :
What you could do is right click on the video effects and set them to ignore.

This will put them into another folder, which you can still access manually - but it does stop them cycling through

that semi worked..
now they are not cycling ..
but I lost access to them in the V.effect (as you mentioned I can manually still choose them by using the mouse.. )
hmmm..

for now I compromised.. I got rid of anything I dont use , ignored some, so that limits the choices (making the knob at least a bit useful)

its so weird.. on the Denon mc6000 it has two "param" knobs. the left one is mapped to video transition and the right is mapped to video fx select..
they work fine..

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 5:00 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)