Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Skin freezes up if I open windows task manager

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok, just found something out. My screen just froze up and I was able to replicate it. Sound kept playing and I could keep using my controller. Skin froze up completely and after a couple of minutes the video froze. Tried it a few times now and does it every time.

Latest public build, Numark NV2 controller, using NV2 sound setup. Asus ROG Laptop - Quad Core i7 6700HQ, 32GB DDR4 2666hz Ram, 128gb SSD + 1tb HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6gb Ram - Win10 64bit.

Playing in automix, video outputting, open task manager - VDJ freezes up?

EDIT - when ouputting via hdmi this happens every time. Unplugged hdmi cable so just audio only and the skin freezes for about 1 second, then resumes and is ok.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 9:06 pm
Update, just found the problem. If i go into...... control panel-system and security-system.... then click "Advanced System Settings" advanced tab, then go into performance settings. In here i had selected the option "adjust for best performance" when this is selected it freezes every time. Set it back to "let windows decide" and it now is solved.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 9:14 pm
I can unplug the HDMI with audio or video and the skin freezes for a second or so but the music keeps going. If playing video it creates a video window as the external monitor has been disconnected.

It's good that VDJ doesn't stop completely if the video monitor is disconnected fro some reason.

What you are describing could be a Windows 10 gremlin.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 9:21 pm
Yeah, now that i have set it back to "let windows manage" it freezes for a second, then is ok. With it set to "performance" ironically it would freeze indefinitely. Not sure if windows or VDJ at fault, but sorted now thank god.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 9:26 pm
Chances of you needing to go in to task manager for any reason during a gig is pretty slim anyway I guess ......

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 9:27 pm
That's very true, i only went into it to try and help someone else on here. Least i have learnt something i guess :)

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 9:30 pm
Thank you again for the help Andy. I tested this myself and think (at least for me) it toally freezes if you attempt to go back to VDJ while task manager is open. However it freezes for a second or two if you close task manager before going back into VDJ.

When you have a chance can you please test and let me know if it's the same for you?

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 1:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)