Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to be famous? I didn't break the rule in this post! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Last time, a guy said I broke a rule. Okay! That's fine, I will not do that again. So this topic is about DJing. So I gonna ask a question. How to be famous?
You are welcome to follow me! :)

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 3:44 pm
BRANDING!! Then skill!

That's all you need.....

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 5:15 pm
you can be talented and practice and be damn good at it, make a living out of it, and still not be famous.
famous is an over-rated flash in the pan and you only get that 15 minutes of fame IF you have the skill to back it up. and the skill isn't just making two beats match or playing the song that is current on the charts.

yes, you have to learn the technical aspects of dj'ing but that isn't what makes anyone famous unless they practice every second they can and get spectacularly good at it and even then they have to be noticed doing it more than all the other guys out there who are talented.

you also have to learn how to read a crowd - if you aren't playing what the customers want (not what YOU want - they DON'T care what you like or want) or if you aren't playing what the venue wants then you're going to be looking at empty dancefloor and not getting hired again. and word of mouth about that travels fast
and whatever you do DON'T promote yourself unless you have the skill to back it up.

start at the bottom like the rest of us and work your way up and you will learn a lot that way. there are so many people here who are willing to help IF you ask the right questions in the right way.

and yes - when you first starting posting in here? that was definitely the WRONG way. learn from your mistakes like we all have to.
and one of the biggest things you can do right now is be yourself and not pretend to be anything else. posting pics of other dj's? that's not you. that's douchey hero worship. you want to be like them then you have to take the same road they did - and it's a long road. if you're not ready for that journey then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

good luck.

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 8:23 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Do we have to reply in italics..LOL?

A waste of time, and life energy.
Do what "you" want.

Spock.."Live long, and prosper".

Hm..I have a friend with a 2 :1 in philosophy from a good university.
I could could end up in a verbal battle.
More laughter.

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 11:01 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
you can be talented and practice and be damn good at it, make a living out of it, and still not be famous.
famous is an over-rated flash in the pan and you only get that 15 minutes of fame IF you have the skill to back it up. and the skill isn't just making two beats match or playing the song that is current on the charts.

yes, you have to learn the technical aspects of dj'ing but that isn't what makes anyone famous unless they practice every second they can and get spectacularly good at it and even then they have to be noticed doing it more than all the other guys out there who are talented.

you also have to learn how to read a crowd - if you aren't playing what the customers want (not what YOU want - they DON'T care what you like or want) or if you aren't playing what the venue wants then you're going to be looking at empty dancefloor and not getting hired again. and word of mouth about that travels fast
and whatever you do DON'T promote yourself unless you have the skill to back it up.

start at the bottom like the rest of us and work your way up and you will learn a lot that way. there are so many people here who are willing to help IF you ask the right questions in the right way.

and yes - when you first starting posting in here? that was definitely the WRONG way. learn from your mistakes like we all have to.
and one of the biggest things you can do right now is be yourself and not pretend to be anything else. posting pics of other dj's? that's not you. that's douchey hero worship. you want to be like them then you have to take the same road they did - and it's a long road. if you're not ready for that journey then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

good luck.

I got that bro! Thanks for your advice

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 11:07 pm
bigron1 wrote :

we do when we've had no sleep and haven't proof-read

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 11:44 pm
bigron1 wrote :

A waste of time, and life energy.
Do what "you" want.

Spock.."Live long, and prosper".

Hm..I have a friend with a 2 :1 in philosophy from a good university.
I could could end up in a verbal battle.
More laughter.

What do you mean?

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 7:19 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

You just need about 20 thousand hours of practice and unwavering determination, then you're within a slim shot.

We live in an age when it's very difficult to become a famous DJ strictly off your DJ'ing abilities, most famous DJ's are producers first, they're booked for their music and ability to draw a crowd to a venue, people will pay high entrance fees if your name is Calvin Harris or Tiesto, but they won't spend much on someone they've never heard of.

If fame is a priority then production should overshadow your DJ'ing, that's the more traditional route. If you want to save yourself the hassle of mastering a difficult skill over many years, you could try to get yourself famous for the sake of being famous, by getting yourself on some sort of reality TV show or get into acting, if you're known by a large amount of young people then you'll get bookings as a DJ even if you have zero talent. There's celebrities who don't have 1/10th of my ability in DJ'ing but command fees 10-30x greater than what I get paid, go figure.

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 2:17 pm
Thanks so much bro

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 2:48 pm
You must already be famous if you're being sponsored by Virtual DJ (according to your forum home page).

Are Rane sponsoring you too, by giving you a Sixty Four mixer?

And you have (you say) VDJ Pro too? Why is it not registered to your account?

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 8:50 pm
Ur right but in other account

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 11:23 pm
FumpsHome userMember since 2016
groovindj wrote :
You must already be famous if you're being sponsored by Virtual DJ (according to your forum home page).

I laughed then & coffee came up my nose

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 6:58 am
Fumps wrote :
groovindj wrote :

I laughed then & coffee came up my nose

Then?

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 8:33 am
It seems like a lot of the question you post is more about being a DJ than specifically about Virtual DJ, and this forum may not be the best place to get help with that

I think you could benefit from signing up with digitaldjtips.com. That's a free news site for all things that have to do with DJing using software and controllers, and they have a lot of articles on how you start up, and get bookings, build and audience and so on. They also have a board and DJ courses

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 8:51 am
FumpsHome userMember since 2016
DJ-Norton.H wrote :

Then?

then
ðɛn/Submit
adverb
at that time; at the time in question.
"I was living in Cairo then"
synonyms: at that time, at that point, in those days;

Just in case you need clarity

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:00 am
1+ ^

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:03 am
Oh, I see Virtual DJ isn't sponsoring him any more. What a shame. :-)

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 6:15 pm
You guys are so...-_- can't even find a word to say

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 11:17 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'd like to think this forum would help an aspiring young DJ?
The young can be pains.. so what?
He will go on to entertain a vast number of people in his life, that is good.

There is much to learn in this forum.

Fame will often make you a contract puppet, and bring premature death.
Just be happy, work hard, and try to do what you want.

Inviato Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 12:35 am

Inviato Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 1:44 am
83%