Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Repeated song loops

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Maybe a bug? Has anyone tried using 4 measure loops inside virtual dj using the repeat song function. For some reason my loops are being cut at the end before it repeats the song (4 measure loop). You might have your own loops to test but for example if someone doesn't know what I mean then download a loop from looperman website like this one "Gemini Kick". When it's played through the website you can see for some reason it's bypassing the end of the loop and starting from the beginning. It does this for a few loops I've tried.

Using free tool like LoopDropZ you can hear that the original song/loop is not cut wrong since it plays perfectly.

So the same happens in virtual dj when I drag it into a deck and use the repeat_song script on a button.

I was modifying a 6 deck skin I started a bit back which would be a prelude to figuring out how to make maybe a 16 or more deck skin. There was conversation in a previous thread where someone was thinking about designing a skin that had more than 6 decks and it gave me the idea to set up these extra decks for playing loops.

Inviato Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 9:02 pm
I feel your pain.

I've been suggesting for a long time that Atomix give the decks the ability to play samples (properly).

If it was easy to set and adjust "beginning to end" loops on decks, so they could be toggled between one-shot and loop, we'd be in with a chance.

Inviato Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 9:43 pm
Just out of curiosity as I'm sure you two know more about this stuff than me:
Why do you want to use decks instead of the sampler for loop samples like this one?
When I test the Gemini Kick loop, and set it up as a sample with loop and sync enabled, it works like I would expect and matches the track playing if possible

Inviato Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 12:37 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Why do you want to use decks

Using decks as sample players allows you to see the waveform, the BPM, the length/start/finish times, adjust EQ, gain and volume on each individual sample (without requiring changes to be saved, and without anything resetting), add effects on each sample, see playback level of each sample, potentially have separate outputs for each sample (if your audio interface is capable).....

There may be more, but it's Sunday morning and I'm still waking up!

Inviato Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 8:44 am
groovindj wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
Why do you want to use decks

Using decks as sample players allows you to see the waveform, the BPM, the length/start/finish times, adjust EQ, gain and volume on each individual sample (without requiring changes to be saved, and without anything resetting), add effects on each sample, see playback level of each sample, potentially have separate outputs for each sample (if your audio interface is capable).....

There may be more, but it's Sunday morning and I'm still waking up!

Ok...
I guess I need to step up my sample using game :)

Inviato Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 9:16 am
Time is the first thing I was thinking about. Converting the batch every time I download a new loop since it doesn't play an mp3 sample but has to be marked and saved as a vdj sample file. Would be easier if there was a batch conversion tool from a short mp3 file to vdj sample.
The other thing I like is I can add individual effects to a deck but not a sample. Not every sample is a drum beat.

:)

Inviato Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 1:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you open the sample in an audio editor, you actually see that it does not exactly stop at the loop point, but that there is in fact some silence at the end of the track.
That's why repeating the song does not result in a perfectly continuous loop.

Inviato Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 1:43 pm
I took a quick look using audacity. I must of missed that. Will take a look.

Inviato Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 10:58 pm
On the loopdropz website, they play an mp3 for "Gemini Kick".that has silence at start and end. When you download the wav version of it, it has less silence but still a bit of silence or noise at the end.

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 10:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Anyway, made some changes so that it will use the acid loop data in the wav to correct the loop. (as the sampler already does)

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 10:56 am
Excellent thanks Adion. I was finishing off a plugin I submitted last night and didn't have a moment to check it out. I just looked at the samples this morning and you're right they posted all these loops with a bit of silence at the end, don't know why they posted them like that.. The loop player I noted above just truncates the silence and it's good that you say you made some correction so that maybe it will play the loops better in the future.

:)

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 12:04 pm
That's interesting. I've got lots of Acid loops.

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 6:03 pm
groovindj wrote :
That's interesting. I've got lots of Acid loops.

The change has been released now in Early Release BUILD 3663
To me it look like it's working now

Inviato Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 9:57 am
Nice it sounds great! Question I'm testing this on my home pc but not putting it on my production.

2 questions:
How long does it usually take to get the early access features like this and spotify on the production version?
Setting up repeat_song in the custom buttons works fine but when I setup repeat_song in the extra buttons on the VDJ skin it doesn't activate?

Inviato Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 11:55 am
This thread and fix inspired me to make a video about the feature

I've credited groovindj and nassausky for the idea in the video description

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 7:08 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
your video really helps.

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 11:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)