Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: broadcast encoder not connecting to radio server

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hey guys ive been using vdj to broadcast with for almost 3 ys now just recently I can no longer connect to the radio server where my station is hosted on I get error disconnecting the setting and info is all set and correct I pretty sure vdj still uses shoutcast version 2 the funny thing is I tested winamp with the external shoutcast dsp encoder and I can connect so why cant vdj connect now any help would be greatly appreciated

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 1:49 pm
I was broadcasting last night for several hours on latest build.
Some of your settings must be incorrect...
I would double check them.

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 2:57 pm
@djsteve27

Did they recently change to Shoutcast2 server?

If so, they might have mount points (stream ID) you need to use, in your password.

The password should be written in VirtualDJ as : password:#streamid

Additionally you should check with them if they have "legacy sources/protocol v1" enabled, VirtualDJ is a Shoutcast 1 client.

And lastly, Shoucast 2 is very sensitive to meta data sent, you should not add a lot of junk in "other" field (in VDJ broadcast settings), or even better leave that field empty

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 3:13 pm
I have always connect to the platform that host my station

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 3:21 pm
my metadata has always went through no problems I was told by atomix tech support vdj8.2 is shoutcast 1 and 2 compatiable

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 3:24 pm
it is compatible, in fact virtualdjradio.com runs Shoutcast 2 ;)

But, as I mentioned, you might need the password to be set as : password:#streamid ( password colon hashtag streamID) .. .
and I cant see your password in the screenshot above.
That is, IF you do have streamID's.

And regardless, what error reporting do you see in VirtualDJ when you do try connect? (Wrong password? Cant resolve, etc)

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 3:56 pm
Error disconnecting it tries to connect bit thst what get

Inviato Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 6:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)